Q. I have swollen and red foreskin with white discharge. Why?

Dr. Deepti Shukla
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I am 33 years old, and I am suffering from swollen and red foreskin. I also discharge some white particles both on the foreskin and beneath it, and I am unable to pull back my foreskin, and sometimes it turns red. This has been ongoing for over six months now. I consulted a urologist who prescribed Oratil, Dolo 650, and Clotrimazole Candid B cream.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

Do not worry; I will help you with your concern. From history, it seems you have developed candidal balanitis (inflammation of the head of the penis) with phimosis (tight foreskin). You have a fungal infection, so antibiotics will not work. Since you have swelling, we need to start treatment as soon as possible for infection and swelling. So please share a photo so I can assess the severity and suggest your treatment accordingly. Kindly revert quickly with an image. Thanks and regards.

| 

Thank you doctor.

Here I have sent the images.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

Thank you for sharing the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Yes, this is candidal balanitis with phimosis. Candidal balanitis is a kind of fungal infection of glans and penis. Due to infection, swelling of foreskin occurs, resulting in phimosis.

1. Tablet Prednisolone 20 mg - one tablet daily in the morning with breakfast for three days, then one 10 mg one tablet for the next three days.

2. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg- one tablet daily with Prednisolone for Six days.

3. Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a week for two weeks.

4. Tablet Allegra (Fexofenadine) 180 mg - one tablet daily at night for ten days.

5. Clotrimazole 1% cream - apply once daily at night for three weeks.

Dear, you need to follow up in five days to see this swelling. Otherwise, I might have to increase the dose.

Thanks and regards.

|