Q. Please suggest treatment for smelly butt and fungal infection in the inner thighs.

Answered by
Dr. Meha Malhotra
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 08, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have a problem. There is a bad smell in my butt whenever I sit and stand. Above the inner thighs, there is a fungal infection, where usually skin peels off and remains white in appearance.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

See, it is difficult to say whether it is a fungal infection or anything else without details. Because many things in the groin look similar, but their treatment is entirely different. So you should send photos and details like,

  • Your age.
  • Duration of problem.
  • Is the lesion round, red with raised borders?
  • Do you or any family member have diabetes?

Medication can be prescribed only when I get these answers. Till then, please do not self-medicate. It does more harm than good. Take care.

Thank you doctor.

Sorry I cannot send the image. This is my problem. Usually, it appears like there are white scales on the upper layer, but now it seems like reddish skin as I scrub. It smells weird. Please help me get rid of this problem.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

It appears mostly to be candidiasis. You can try,

  • Candid (Beclometasone and Clotrimazole) cream twice a day.
  • Apply Abzorb dusting powder (Clotrimazole) twice a day after applying the cream.
  • Get fasting and postprandial sugar levels done.

After ten days, take a follow-up or visit a dermatologist in person. Take care.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have abscess on my balls and jock itch. What to do?

I had got this from a doctor, for the fungal infection, the doctor may suggest Fluconazole 150 mg to be taken twice in one week, for three weeks ...   Read full

Does excess body heat cause swelling in the groin area?

Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg, take one tablet at night after food, two times a week for four weeks ...   Read full

I have red wound growing on my thighs. What is it?

You can use topical Clotrimazole cream local application twice daily and take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a day for four weeks after consulting your GP or nearby dermatologist ...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

How much time does it take for Diflucan to cure urinary candidiasis?

Query: Hello doctor, My doctor prescribed Diflucan (14 days / 200 mg) to treat urinary candidiasis. I just took day 6 of Diflucan. I am feeling a little better but still have achiness in pelvic area, bladder. My question is how much longer until I get full relief? Is this normal?  Read Full »

After performing receptive fellatio on a guy I have white tongue. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I performed receptive fellatio on a guy 55 days back. I took RNA PCR TEST after 11 days and then again at 35 days and both were negative. I also took a fourth generation combo test (antibody and p24) on 38th day and it was negative as well. The problem is, for the last 8-10 days I have...  Read Full »

What causes recurrent candidiasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recurrent candidiasis. It appears every month. I have used all the medicines. Kindly assist me.  Read Full »

Also Read

Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»
I am suffering from dry and scaly scalp. Is that scalp psoriasis?
Hello doctor, I am suffering from dry, scaly patches on the scalp for the last six to eight months. Since childhood, I h...  Read more»
Birth Control Methods - Facts, and Types
Devices or treatments done to prevent unwanted pregnancy are called birth control methods.In this article, I am going to...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.