Q. Please suggest treatment for smelly butt and fungal infection in the inner thighs.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

I have a problem. There is a bad smell in my butt whenever I sit and stand. Above the inner thighs, there is a fungal infection, where usually skin peels off and remains white in appearance.

#

See, it is difficult to say whether it is a fungal infection or anything else without details. Because many things in the groin look similar, but their treatment is entirely different. So you should send photos and details like,

• Your age.
  • Duration of problem.
  • Is the lesion round, red with raised borders?
  • Do you or any family member have diabetes?

Medication can be prescribed only when I get these answers. Till then, please do not self-medicate. It does more harm than good. Take care.

Thank you doctor.

Sorry I cannot send the image. This is my problem. Usually, it appears like there are white scales on the upper layer, but now it seems like reddish skin as I scrub. It smells weird. Please help me get rid of this problem.

#

It appears mostly to be candidiasis. You can try,

• Candid (Beclometasone and Clotrimazole) cream twice a day.
  • Apply Abzorb dusting powder (Clotrimazole) twice a day after applying the cream.
  • Get fasting and postprandial sugar levels done.

After ten days, take a follow-up or visit a dermatologist in person. Take care.

|