Q. Why is there a red line on my anal area?

Dr. Shanza Ikram
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 08, 2020

I just have a question. I was looking at my anal and I was just curious why is there a red line on my anal and I took the pictures after I pooped. Does it look normal or like any STD?

#

I have gone through your case. Most likely it is candidiasis which commonly occurs in such areas when body folds have some friction and on top of it, moisture and tight clothing promote it.

No, it does not look like to be part of STD. However, if you have a history of unprotected sex you need to undergo some blood tests to be on safe side.

For your current diagnosis:

1. Wash with running water and keep it dry and wear loose pants.
  2. Apply Canesten (Clotrimazole) cream two to three times daily.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I never had unprotected sex. I always use a condom but I was worried if it is was STD.

#

That is fine then. You need not worry about any STD (sexually transmitted diseases) for your lesion. It is not because of it. So right now use the cream as I have told you. Keep the area clean and dry as much you can. However, it is good to keep STD always in your mind and seek medical advice if you have ever contacted.

| 

After performing receptive fellatio on a guy I have white tongue. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I performed receptive fellatio on a guy 55 days back. I took RNA PCR TEST after 11 days and then again at 35 days and both were negative. I also took a fourth generation combo test (antibody and p24) on 38th day and it was negative as well. The problem is, for the last 8-10 days I have...  Read Full »

Am I suffering from achalasia or GERD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I recently had a severe chest pain like heartburn and visited a gastroenterologist doctor. I am also suffering from swallowing disorder for the past seven to eight months, especially solid foods and sometime liquids too. It feels that whenever I eat food it stuck ...  Read Full »

I have a fungal infection that occurs again and again. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Please take a look at my case of skin dryness and flaking on my face. This is a cyclic condition which occurs almost every 7-8 months. The dryness persists for 1-2 months during which I also have general body itching over hands, legs and under my ribs on the sides. The strange thing is t...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»