Canker Sore

Why am I having white spots on gums?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a small white dot on my gums. It looks like a whitehead. I noticed it a couple of days ago. It is painless. It is just above my left canine. I do not know what it is. It is towards the top of the gum. I have attached the photo. Can you suggest what it could be? I am scared of the de...  Read Full »

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentist, Pedodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a minor aphthous ulcer, which gives no pain and subsides by itself. Please check if there is any pus discharge, pain in the tooth and any other area of the mouth also has this kind of spots. Aphthous ulcer often causes minimal symptoms or problems. Oral u...  Read Full »

How do oral herpes sore look?

Query: Hi doctor, Last week, I had a sore on the outside of my lower gum. My girlfriend, who is a dental assistant, told me that it is just a canker sore and it will go away. Now, I have one on the inside of the upper gum towards the roof of my mouth. If the second one is also a canker sore or is this som...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are called aphthous ulcers and commonly known as canker sores (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The reason why they occur is unknown. It could be a good allergy or vitamin B12 deficiency or stress ulcers. They occur as often as every two to three mo...  Read Full »

What could be the red lump under the tongue without pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a red lump under my tongue. It is looking like a canker sore, but now the white has gone away and seems to have gotten a little bigger. There is no pain. I have had it for over two weeks now.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a red lump under your tongue, which started out looking like a canker sore, but now white has gone away and got a little bigger. According to the pictures (attachment removed to p...  Read Full »

Does canker sore make lymph node swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have a canker sore. I was wondering if it is common to have a swollen right lymph node with tenderness, body pain, and tiredness along with the sore. Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cankersore also referred as aphthous ulcer, is a non-specific ulceration of non-keratinous mucous membrane of the mouth. The exact cause why these occur is not clear. Irritation of mucous membrane due to acidic foods and citrous foods could be a possibility. Pain is quite...  Read Full »

How is mouth ulcer treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a sore in the mouth. I have attached the photos. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the sore looks just like a simple mouth ulcer. This will take at least 8 to 10 days to heal. Do you get frequent sores? Since how long are you having this? Is it very painful when eating hot or spicy food? Wh...  Read Full »

What causes recurring canker sores in the same spot?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a recurring canker sore occurring at the same spot on my lower lip. I am getting it for the past one year. It recurs every two weeks. It gets healed by itself after five to seven days. I am using Sensodyne toothpaste and Listerine mouthwash.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are self-healing, and they do not need any sort of medical intervention. These are associated with either vitamin or folic acid deficiency or any other particular food or even constant irritation. These ulcers remain for a specified period or age and will disappea...  Read Full »

Can the mouth ulcers or canker sores on the side of the tongue be due to herpes virus?

Query: Hello doctor, Can the mouth ulcers or canker sores on the side of the tongue be herpes virus? I also had a couple of mouth ulcers on the inside of my lips, but they appeared and vanished in a couple of days. I never had a cold sore on the outside of my lips but did not know if mouth ulcers could st...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Herpes usually causes sores on the hard mucosa in the oral cavity like palate and gums whereas ulcers on tongue, lips, etc., are often canker sores. I could not see any ulcers in the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly upload more images.  Read Full »

I had a canker sore after application of teabag on dental absces. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an abscess yesterday, I put a teabag on it to reduce swelling. This morning swelling was gone but I have a very large canker like sore on the whole left side of the upper jaw. Is this just a canker sore or something more sinister like a major infection?  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, abscess heal best with antibiotics (and drain with lukewarm saline gargle), but something like tea bag application and other home remedies may often lead to controversial outcomes. However, your abscess has been drained, it is not a major cause of worry, but y...  Read Full »

I have white spots inside my cheeks with sores on tongue and lips. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have got some white spots inside my cheeks and some sores on my tongue and bottom lip.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photos you have provided and noted the sores and white spots inside your cheeks. There are a few explanations for those: 1. Eating or drinking hot foods, drinks, drinking carbonated drinks. 2. If you have experienced flu-like symptoms, it is du...  Read Full »

I get canker sores frequently. Could regular Rotacaps be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old man. Thrush or canker sore is there in the tongue, lip or mouth side. Not fever but body temperature is increasing feeling like hot. Tongue buds are burning for the past two days but thrush or canker sore is there for 15 days. When canker sore is healed, a new one (cank...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the history you have mentioned. These two can be the main possibilities for your problems. Vitamin B complex deficiency. This is most commonly seen folic acid, riboflavin, and niacin deficiency. So start multivitamin ta...  Read Full »