Canker Sore

Does canker sore make lymph node swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have a canker sore. I was wondering if it is common to have a swollen right lymph node with tenderness, body pain, and tiredness along with the sore. Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cankersore also referred as aphthous ulcer, is a non-specific ulceration of non-keratinous mucous membrane of the mouth. The exact cause why these occur is not clear. Irritation of mucous membrane due to acidic foods and citrous foods could be a possibility. Pain is quite...  Read Full »

What causes recurring canker sores in the same spot?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a recurring canker sore occurring at the same spot on my lower lip. I am getting it for the past one year. It recurs every two weeks. It gets healed by itself after five to seven days. I am using Sensodyne toothpaste and Listerine mouthwash.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are self-healing, and they do not need any sort of medical intervention. These are associated with either vitamin or folic acid deficiency or any other particular food or even constant irritation. These ulcers remain for a specified period or age and will disappea...  Read Full »

Can the mouth ulcers or canker sores on the side of the tongue be due to herpes virus?

Query: Hello doctor, Can the mouth ulcers or canker sores on the side of the tongue be herpes virus? I also had a couple of mouth ulcers on the inside of my lips, but they appeared and vanished in a couple of days. I never had a cold sore on the outside of my lips but did not know if mouth ulcers could st...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Herpes usually causes sores on the hard mucosa in the oral cavity like palate and gums whereas ulcers on tongue, lips, etc., are often canker sores. I could not see any ulcers in the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly upload more images.  Read Full »

I had a canker sore after application of teabag on dental absces. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an abscess yesterday, I put a teabag on it to reduce swelling. This morning swelling was gone but I have a very large canker like sore on the whole left side of the upper jaw. Is this just a canker sore or something more sinister like a major infection?  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, abscess heal best with antibiotics (and drain with lukewarm saline gargle), but something like tea bag application and other home remedies may often lead to controversial outcomes. However, your abscess has been drained, it is not a major cause of worry, but y...  Read Full »

Why am I having white spots on gums?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a small white dot on my gums. It looks like a whitehead. I noticed it a couple of days ago. It is painless. It is just above my left canine. I do not know what it is. It is towards the top of the gum. I have attached the photo. Can you suggest what it could be? I am scared of the de...  Read Full »

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentist, Pedodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a minor aphthous ulcer, which gives no pain and subsides by itself. Please check if there is any pus discharge, pain in the tooth and any other area of the mouth also has this kind of spots. Aphthous ulcer often causes minimal symptoms or problems. Oral u...  Read Full »

I have white spots inside my cheeks with sores on tongue and lips. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have got some white spots inside my cheeks and some sores on my tongue and bottom lip.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photos you have provided and noted the sores and white spots inside your cheeks. There are a few explanations for those: 1. Eating or drinking hot foods, drinks, drinking carbonated drinks. 2. If you have experienced flu-like symptoms, it is du...  Read Full »

I get canker sores frequently. Could regular Rotacaps be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old man. Thrush or canker sore is there in the tongue, lip or mouth side. Not fever but body temperature is increasing feeling like hot. Tongue buds are burning for the past two days but thrush or canker sore is there for 15 days. When canker sore is healed, a new one (cank...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the history you have mentioned. These two can be the main possibilities for your problems. Vitamin B complex deficiency. This is most commonly seen folic acid, riboflavin, and niacin deficiency. So start multivitamin ta...  Read Full »

Treatment for Canker Sores with Pus

Query: Hello doctor, I have a couple of canker sores and two are on my lip and has pus in them and two on the bottom. Can you tell me what to do with them?  Read Full »

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query and I can understand your concern. Canker sores are a characteristic feature of syphilis. This syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease. Purulent pustules are generally seen which burst to form canker sores. You should get yourself t...  Read Full »

I have a painless sore developed over a healed sore on my tongue. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, Before five weeks, I had a sore developed on my tongue. It was white and painless. I consulted an ENT specialist, and he gave me some medicines for cold sores. After that, it turned red and large with a slight crack on the tongue. Now, it has healed, and I have another sore developed ove...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send a picture of the lesion so that I can guide you further and I can provide you with a diagnosis.  Read Full »

How can I deal with a canker sore on my lip?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a canker sore on the inside of my bottom lip for a couple of months now. It is not really painful, but every time it starts to heal it gets irritated by my teeth, or I bite my lip and it prevents it from healing. What can I do to help the healing process?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. Two months of aphthous ulcer in the mouth that too without a pain is not a good thing. You need to upload certain pictures of your sore so that any dangerous lesion can be ruled out today. Also, if your u...  Read Full »