Q. What could be the reason for recurrent canker sores appearing under the tongue for a year?

Dr. Geethanjali. S. S

I get canker sores every week under my tongue at the same spot for the past year. It is quite painful and lasts for only one day. What is the reason?

Kindly help.

#

I went through your query and assume that an irritating factor causes the canker sores to reoccur every time. That irritating factor could be a simple roughness on any one of your teeth close to that region. Also, other reasons could be stress, vitamin deficiency, etc. As it lasts only for a day, it should be painless. So no medication is required. However, I advise you to eat nutritious food with more vegetables like spinach, nuts, and fresh fruits to avoid further sores in your mouth.

Kindly revert for further queries.

|