Canker Sores

What are the sores that are caused after trauma from dental treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 45-year-old female. Seven days ago, I had a crown replaced at the very back of my top left side (the old crown chipped and broke off). My mouth is very small, so the dental staff often has difficulty working in the back of my mouth. When the hygienist used one of the suc...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images enclosed (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). I will suggest a series of instructions in the follow-up messages. Please go through and follow accordingly. If any doubts, you can always follow up. Usually, such ulcers or sore...  Read Full »

My tonsils are sore with a huge canker sore hanging on it. Can you please help?

Query: Hi doctor, My tonsils feel sore. It looks like a huge canker sore directly hanging on my tonsils.  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Tonsil sores are the result of tonsil infection or an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) infection. From how long have you noticed this sore, and do you have any pain in that region?  Read Full »