Cardio Workout

Does alcohol consumption affect my daily workout?

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the effects of alcohol on fitness goals. Does hangover affect my workouts? If it affects my workout, then what kind of alcohol can be taken that does not affect my workouts. Please explain them in detail the reason for the hangover and its effects on my workout routine in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Any beverage having with more alcohol content attains a concentration of more than fifty percent in the body and when taken in a prolonged period, it affects the key organs. It may not affect fitness directly but it affects by causing damage t...  Read Full »

Can I gain flexibility in the body at 19 years of age?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old girl and I am very inflexible. I feel like an 80-year-old grandmother because of this reason. I know some boys and they are more flexible than me. I feel very ashamed of myself. I want to increase my flexibility. But even beginner-level exercise are found hard for me. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry about flexibility. You can gain flexibility when you go for a good training methodology. Start your training with walking and slowly progress yourself by doing high-intensity workouts. You might need a good foam roller session at the end of the workout. You...  Read Full »

I want to be fit, both physically and mentally. Is Keto diet the right choice?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male. My main goal is to optimize my brain performance, thinking clearly, and no brain fog. I am trying to be shredded and working on overall body strength and abdominal muscles. I have been following a mixture of IF (intermediate fasting) and Keto diet for about...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to incorporate a vitamin D supplement. Your diet pattern and exercise are good, but I need a few more details like BMI (body mass index) to comment on any changes and to calcul...  Read Full »

Will cardio help in weight loss?

Query: Hi! So I’ve done 21 day fix for about 2 years or so, on & off and always got pretty good results. As I continued to do it this year, I noticed that I wasn’t seeing results as I usually do, so I knew it was time to change up my routine. I’ve been doing this no gym, no problem wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Respected, Thank you for asking question, see you are going good way... main thing is, you have to be patient... like you are doing cardio (aerobic exercise plus Strength training) that is good, see in exercise prescription, you give more weightage on aerobic exercises like swimming walking jogging...  Read Full »

How often should I do my cardio workout in a week?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to lose stubborn fat around my midsection and thighs and tone up. My height is 5 feet 10 inches and I weigh about 226. I do strength training first for about an hour and then 30 minutes of walking (Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays). On Tuesday and Thursday, I do core work for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the information which you have sent me. According to your height, your weight is comparatively high. Your normal weight should be at least 70 to 80 kg. Regarding your concern about cardio workout, whatever you are doing is well enough, but you ...  Read Full »

Is ST depression normal after exercise?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently began doing cardio exercise and noticed that my heart rate would go upto 160-170 beats just after a few minutes of exercise. I got some anxiety about it and purchased a portable EKG monitor. Everything showed up normal when taking it while resting. But it shows ST depressio...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Heart rate going up might be related to you being unaccustomed to activities. At your age, normally you are expected to attain a heart rate of 180 bpm with exercise. So nothing to worry about it. Some ST depression does occur during exercise, but it is physiological...  Read Full »