iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersCardiologycardiomyopathyCan you still have ARVC despite normal scan reports?

Kindly review my reports and help me know if further evaluation is needed for my ARVC?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At September 26, 2021
Reviewed AtJuly 14, 2023

Patient's Query

I am feared of having ARVC after reading about it on the internet. This is a series of phobias that started from blocked arteries, SCD, Afib, and finally into ARVC. I have done all the tests relating to the heart, such as ECG, echocardiogram, MRI, and stress test. My ECG showed an abnormality with a reverse T wave. But my blood reports were negative for ischemia. After many tests, I was told that I have ERP as well, which put extra fear on me. Now I am afraid of ARVC. Kindly give your opinion and let me know if further evaluation is needed. Thanks.

Your ECG (electrocardiogram) is normal (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Regarding MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and echocardiography, the reports are not in english. So, I will translate it and will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Patient's Query

Thanks for the reply. The summary says that all are good. I do not know how to translate all the medical words. I worry that MRI was done a year ago, and I might have developed something later, and that is why I am experiencing PVCs now. Kindly help.

Your echocardiogram and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) are both normal. Regarding ERP (early repolarization pattern), it is benign. But it does not cause any damage. Why do you fear this much? Is there sudden death in any first-degree relatives at a young age? Any known cardiac disease in first-degree relatives? If no, then do not worry; your heart is fine. If there was ARVC, it would have been evident in MRI. So, do not worry. Take care.

Patient's Query

Thanks for the reply. I do not have any family history. My father is on a stent due to blockage. This triggered some of the fear. Can you please clarify, are my test reports indicating a normal heart structure? Is there a limitation on exercise intensity? Do you think Xanax will help relax my fears and anxiety symptoms? Thanks.

Yes, both ECG and MRI reports are normal. No limitation for exercise. Yes, Xanax (Alprazolam) will reduce anxiety. Thanks.

Patient's Query

Thank you very much for the reply. You made me feel better. One last question, since my MRI was performed one year ago, do you think it is necessary to repeat it? Thanks.

No need to repeat MRI. You are a 35-year-old, and ARVC (arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy) usually manifests before age 40. Take care.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

ecgcardiomyopathy

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Cardiology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy