Causes Of Ocd

How to treat long term cough?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a college student. Since last years, I feel cough all the time. Before two years, I had cold and fever and since that time I am having cough. I have consulted an ENT specialist regarding this, but nothing happened. I have attached the prescription as well. Earlier, I was able to visu...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail, the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and have the following observations: Chronic cough not responding to medicines, difficulty thinking (cognitive impairment), memory problems, periods of delirium or ...  Read Full »

Can my OCD get cured with lower dose of medicine?

Query: Hi doctor, I have brain lesion in the left temporal lobe size 0.9 mm as found in brain MRI. I had seizure twice two years ago. I am also suffering from OCD. Fluoxetine 40 mg has been very effective in treating OCD, but caused memory problem, speech problem and lack of concentration. When can I lower...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) you have to take medications. Less than 40 mg Fluoxetine will not be effective. So, continue the same dose. Chances of relapse are very high in OCD cases. As you are having it for six years it is better to continue the medication...  Read Full »

I am scared of getting an infection from the hospital. Am I overthinking?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ENT examination and the specialist did not use gloves but, did not touch the part going into the nose the first time. The tubing, the second time it went up my nose, was touched at the bottom by her at the light. I am very OCD usually and watched this happen but, somehow trus...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and understood your concern. You seem to be overly concerned about hygiene. That could indicate an OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). I will try to explain each of the infections that you have mentioned. MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylo...  Read Full »

Why do I get uneasy if I see something that is not clean?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever I see something dirty, it just stays in my mind. And if I see something that is not so clean, I get uneasy to the extent that it just replays in my mind. I really do not understand why this happens to me.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the symptoms that you have described, it seems that you may be suffering from OCD or obsessive compulsive disorder. It is the fourth most common psychiatric disorder and usually occurs between 19 to 25 years of age. In this illness, the patient continuously report...  Read Full »

I get horrible intrusive thoughts. Is it due to anxiety and OCD or schizophrenia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from anxiety, panic disorder, and perhaps OCD as well (but I have not been diagnosed with that yet) since I was 11. However, I had been completely anxiety-free for about four or five years until three months back, when I got a horrible panic attack that started it...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it appears to be ruminations. Following differentials are likely: Health anxiety disorder. Hypochondriasis. OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). It is unlikely to be psychosis, as you are well aware of the absurdity of these thoughts. But a confirm...  Read Full »