Cect

Ultrasound report shows splenic hemangioma and enlarged spleen. Is this malignant?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an incidental low-density mass, found on my spleen during a CT scan for possible kidney stones. A recommended follow up ultrasound with doppler showed a 4.3 X 4.7 X 4.8 cm ill-defined heterogeneous hyperechoic mass. The mass showed blood flow around the peripheral. The report sa...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Tripathy

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned that it might be splenic haemangioma as per USG (ultrasonography) with Doppler, let me relieve you by stating that it is one of the rarest condition affecting the spleen, one of the commonest benign condition and has no malignant potential. So do not...  Read Full »

My ultrasound showed appendicitis but CT without contrast was normal. Is the result reliable?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain in the right lower abdomen for 10 days. The ultrasound had shown mild inflammation of the appendix. Doctor then suggested a CECT whole abdomen. However, in the past, I have had difficulty keeping down the contrast they ask to drink. So the doctor advised CT Scan with I...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The appendix is a tubular structure measuring less than 5 mm in normal people. When there is appendicitis, the appendix enlarges to 8 to 10 mm or more in diameter. Ultrasound scan has an accuracy of 50 percent for appendicitis in most patients. You have been found wi...  Read Full »

What could be causing extreme lymph node pain in the neck?

Query: Hi doctor, What could be causing the extreme pains in my lymph nodes under my neck and tingling the in head? Should I see a doctor in person? I had a sinus infection a month ago when the neck pains suddenly appeared. I was given antibiotics. It got rid of my other sinus symptoms, but not the lymph ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first possibility of meningitis is unlikely. It would cause fever, severe headache and patient will be very sick. I do not think this to be a lymph node pain because lymph nodes will hurt only when they enlarge in a short duration of maximum one or two wee...  Read Full »

CECT abdomen and lungs was taken after six cycles of chemotherapy. Kindly explain it.

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 62 years old. I have attached his CECT of thorax, abdomen, and pelvis. It is taken after six cycles of chemotherapy with Gemcitabine and Cisplatin. He is diagnosed with carcinoma of unknown primary with left lung metastasis.  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The scans look quite reassuring. There is nodular enhancement involving the left diaphragmatic pleura with minimal pleural effusion. Background fibrotic changes are seen in the bilatera...  Read Full »

How can loose stools and a lot of gas released from the anus be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, Since last one year, I am having loose stools with a lot of gas released from the anus. Motion is not cleared fully. There is a burning sensation in stomach and somewhere in the intestines. There is a huge rambling in the stomach, especially in the evening hours. The doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The present symptoms look more likely due to constipation.  I suggest you follow these measures: Avoid constipating foods like maize-based foods, junk foods, baked ones etc. Keep yourself well hydrated with two to three liters of water a day in various ...  Read Full »

I have multiple small nodules in both the lungs. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I underwent a comprehensive health checkup recently and it revealed multiple small nodules in both my lungs from the high resolution CT scan. Presently, I have sporadic recurring breathlessness during late evenings. Now, I am taking osteopenia medication, calcium and calcinase nasal spra...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kumar Nookala

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your CT scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests that you do have nodular lesions. But, your symptoms do not correlate with these lesions. Nodules of less than 5 mm size are of no significance. Nodule of 8 mm size to be followed up after s...  Read Full »