Cerebellopontine Angle

Will hearing high pitch sounds through headphones cause ear damage?

Query: Hi doctor,I have sensitive hearing. Otherwise, I feel great and use hearing plugs when necessary. I fear that hard and high pitch sounds will destroy my ears. Today, when I was about to do a home hearing test on my mobile, and accidentally the volume was at its loudest settings. The first tone that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are suffering from hyperacusis (increased sensitivity to sound). This is observed in the following conditions: Labyrinthitis (infections of Labyrinth). Early stages of degenerative changes in cochlear. Palsy of stapedius muscle. Tumors of t...  Read Full »

What is the cause of my hearing problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I am having trouble with my left ear hearing. But, I never took much care to sort it. Lately, I found it is little awkward. I am having an old audiogram result with me. Please look through it and tell your advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an almost nil hearing in the left ear (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your right ear is normal. So, all your hearing is through right ear and problem you already have is difficulty in localizing speech other than hearing loss. Unilateral heari...  Read Full »

Why am I having right ear fullness and background noise?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having right ear fullness and it started several days ago. Last night I awoke due to a pulsating pain in my right ear. I hear some background noise and in silent environment, it is most evident. Is that fine? I had Bell's palsy 2.5 months ago on the left side and again, a month ago o...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having sensorineural hearing loss. It is in early stage and mild. So, you are having pulsation in the ear. Another important thing is bilateral Bell's palsy. It is not common. Having facial palsy is not good and the developing sensorineural component...  Read Full »