Q. I was given the first dose of the Cervarix HPV vaccine as my wife has HPV. Can I continue?

Dr. N. Ashok Viswanath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I am a 36-year-old male. Today the doctor gave me the HPV vaccine Cervarix because my wife got HPV. I read the Cervarix given to females, not men. I took my first injection from Cervarix. Should I stop it? Kindly give your opinion.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

As your wife got HPV (human papillomavirus), it is better for you to get vaccinated. The human papilloma vaccine can also be given to a male. It is not like HPV is given only to females. It can be given to males under certain circumstances. Please get your vaccination done. It is safe to get your injection. I will suggest you get vaccinated with Gardasil instead of Cervarix. You can get vaccinated with Gardasil (human papillomavirus vaccine). I hope this was helpful.

We do not have Gardasil. So I have to continue my shot Cervarix, and it is safe for men, right? Kindly give your opinion.

#

Age 27 to 45 years who are not already vaccinated may decide to get the HPV vaccine after speaking with your healthcare provider about their risk for new HPV infections and the possible benefits of vaccination. HPV vaccination is based on shared clinical decision-making for individuals ages 27 to 45 years. In your case, it is better to get vaccinated as your wife is positive for human papillomavirus. To avoid the risk of yourself getting various lesions caused by the human papillomavirus in the future as a preventive measure. If Gardasil is not available, you can take Cervarix as per your physician's advice.

I hope this was helpful.

|