Q. Is it possible to go for vaginal delivery with cervical cerclage?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cervical Cerclage or C-section? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My wife had cervical cerclage at 20 weeks of pregnancy. Now, she is at almost 38 weeks and the doctor is resisting the removal of cerclage. Last time the cervical length measured at 24th week was 37 mm. We suspect that she is doing this to encourage C-section delivery. Should we get a second opinion in this case? My wife does not like to go in for a C-section unless it is extremely necessary. What to do now?