Q. How to get relieved from pain in the left side of the body?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

I am currently suffering from constant numbness in the left side of my body starting from my neck down to my leg. I am experiencing extreme numbness in my arm when I lean to the left side. It is extremely painful. I have a history of a slipped disc in the lower spine. Please help me.

#

• Any disc irritation in the neck may also give you a similar kind of pain. It is always good to rule it out in the initial phase itself. So, I suggest you get an MRI of the neck done.
  • Neck IVDP (intervertebral disc prolapse) can be your probable diagnosis.
  • Avoid lying on the left side. Support your neck and fill the gap between the bed and the head with pillows. While lying straight, support your neck properly. Lie down in a comfortable position of your choice. Do not do any movement forcefully.
  • Give lots of icing in the neck. You can also try neck stability exercises, like McKenzie.
  • If you have any muscle relaxant prescribed by a GP (general practitioner), you can have it.

Follow-up with MRI after two days.

Hope this is helpful for you. Revert in case you need any further help in this. Regards.

For further queries consult a physiotherapist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

| 

How can I be relieved of this sharp lower back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, Last night, I bent over to reach for something and got a sharp pain in the left side of my lower back and the pain is still there. I can hardly move without intense pain. Is there anything that I can do to feel better? I do lift a lot of heavy boxes at work. What should I do? I can ben...  Read Full »

When can physiotherapy be started after bilateral hip replacement surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had bilateral hip replacement surgery done recently. The right hip was replaced last month, and the left hip was replaced this month. Is it advisable to do physiotherapy now?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Physiotherapist Now