Q. My wife has neoplasia and a fibroid in her uterus. Is hysterectomy the only option?

Answered by Dr. Sabita Laskar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasm or Hysterectomy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My wife is 51 years old, and she weighs 60 kg and 1.58 m tall. She took a Pap smear test and found out that she has neoplasia 3 and a fibroid of 5 to 6 cm. We consulted a gynecologist and, who advised removing the uterus and ovaries. Please advice. Is removing the uterus the only option?