Q. Kindly review the reports of my son born by C-section and determine the long-term risks?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

I have attached the reports of my son. It was a C-section delivery. Kindly review his report and determine the risk of long-term.

Thanks.

#

I have gone through the entire report sent by you (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

As per my knowledge and understanding, the baby is doing fine and should do fine ahead. Regarding the clicking felt at the hip joint, local sonography of the hip may be advised at a later stage (six weeks of age) to see for any dislocation of the hip. Even if there is no dislocation, the child will have to be put into a Pavlik harness.

The other aspects of the child seem good. I suggest you do CBC (complete blood count) and CTP (C-reactive protein) tests in the next 48 hours. You can share the reports with me if it is done.

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply.

I am concerned about the resuscitation and cerebral palsy risk. He recovered to live with PPV for one minute. Was the oxygen flowing to his organs and brain as he was not having any respiration on his own?

Kindly help.

#

However, in the notes written by the doctor, it is mentioned that delayed cord clamping was done. As long as the cord was not clamped or cut, the child received oxygen from the mother. In the next few minutes after the cord was cut, the child received oxygen through the ventilator.

Since the ventilation was provided before the saturation dropped below 60, the possibility of cerebral palsy due to lack of oxygen is less.

Do not worry.

|