Chandraprabha Vati

What is the meaning of bulky uterus?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not have a cyst or severe bleeding, but my uterus is bulky as per the scan reports. The scan was advised because of a recurrent urinary tract infection. I have a pain in the lower abdomen and the left side of the stomach. I am taking Norflox 400 for the UTI.  What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bulky uterus refers to the generalized swelling of the uterine wall. It could be due to various reasons, but inflammation is one of them. Recurrent inflammation of the urinary tract due to UTI (urinary tract infection) may have caused the inflammation in the uterus. ...  Read Full »

Please suggest natural ways to shrink an ovarian cyst.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 6 cm cyst in my left ovary. From the last one week, I am taking Kalachi Kai as I read that it helps shrink the cyst. An 18 cm cyst was removed through a laparoscopic treatment two years ago. Please tell me how to get rid of the cyst as well as prevent new ones.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. For an ovarian cyst along with Kalachi Kai, start taking the following medicines: Tablet Kanchnar Guggul, two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water after food for four weeks. Do not swallow this tablet. First, chew it and then take lukewarm water. ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of my kidney stone naturally?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a kidney stone of 4.4 mm at the joint of the left side kidney to the ureter. I also have a mild swelling in my left kidney, while the kidney function test is normal. My stone was not detected on the ultrasound, but it is visible in the CT Scan. I had blood in the urine 12 days ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello,  Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. The urologist's suggestion is right. The kidney swelling can lead to a further damage in the kidney. The blood in the urine was due to a friction of the stone with the kidney surface. There is no blood in the urine now either due to a mild ch...  Read Full »

I do not want to take OCP for uterine fibroids. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old woman, and for about a year now, I have been menstruating excessively. I have uterine fibroids, so my gynecologist suggested that I take birth control pill, which I do not prefer. I have not missed any periods yet. I have a few normal ones, and then I get very tired...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your gynecologist must have explained that uterine fibroids are benign smooth muscle tumors of the uterus, usually found in childbearing age. Small fibroids usually do not have any symptom and do not require any treatment, but as you have excessive bleeding and ot...  Read Full »