Q. What causes pressure in chest with lots of burps?

I have done stress echo four months back and that was normal. I have also done ECG last week, it was also normal. I am facing some kind of pressure on the left side of the chest and feeling uncomfortable. Also having lots of burps the whole day. What to do now?

Do you have a question on Chest Discomfort or Gerd?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., MD, GENERAL MEDICINE ., DM, CARDIOLOGY(SENIOR RESIDENT
Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine

This is likely related to acidity and gastroesophageal reflux disease. Also, just see if this pressure feeling worsens on applying pressure over the area, if yes then it may indicate associated musculoskeletal cause. So, it does not appear a worrisome issue. You should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty oily spicy food. Avoid heavy meals, inspite have multiple small meals. Do not immediately sit or rest after meals, but have a walk for 10 to 15 minutes.

Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. Also, the sleep pattern should be normal as much as possible. You should get prescribed antacid probiotics combination like Cyra D or Pan DSR before breakfast for seven days.

Which is a good medicine to prevent heart diseases in a diabetic patient?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old. I am a diabetic patient for the last one year. I used Ayurvedic medicines. Normally, the BP varies between 130/80 to 137/90. For the last 10 days, I am feeling uncomfortable in the chest. Recent test report: Fasting 110, PPBS 185, TC 213, Triglycerides 146,...  Read Full >>
Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diabetes is a strong risk factor for coronary artery disease. You had chest discomfort and one episode of heart attack like symptoms and your ECG was normal at that time. But, a normal ECG does not rule out a heart attack. I think you should undergo further eva...  Read Full

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?
Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full >>
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. There are no drug interactions between Pantoprozole and Diclofenac (Voltaren). In fact, anyone who takes painkillers like Diclofenac has to take Pantoprazole to prevent Diclofenac-induced gastritis. So, relax and take the regular dose of Pa...  Read Full

Why do I feel sudden chest discomfort and breathlessness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a girl of 20. My height is 167 cm and weight is 75 kg. Over the past one week, I am having high discomfort and pain in my right chest when I breathe. The pain radiates to the right shoulder and right arm too. When I sneeze or blow my nose up, the pain is severe. I cannot explain this...  Read Full >>
Dr. Kartik Sood
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have a history of frequent chest infections in the past, which were associated with wheezing, secretions and fever as well, I would suggest you to consult a pulmonologist or a chest physician in person. Your symptom of chest pain, which increases on deep respiratio...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now