Q. What causes pressure in chest with lots of burps?

Published on Sep 06, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 09, 2019

I have done stress echo four months back and that was normal. I have also done ECG last week, it was also normal. I am facing some kind of pressure on the left side of the chest and feeling uncomfortable. Also having lots of burps the whole day. What to do now?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

This is likely related to acidity and gastroesophageal reflux disease. Also, just see if this pressure feeling worsens on applying pressure over the area, if yes then it may indicate associated musculoskeletal cause. So, it does not appear a worrisome issue. You should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty oily spicy food. Avoid heavy meals, inspite have multiple small meals. Do not immediately sit or rest after meals, but have a walk for 10 to 15 minutes.

Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. Also, the sleep pattern should be normal as much as possible. You should get prescribed antacid probiotics combination like Cyra D or Pan DSR before breakfast for seven days.

Which is a good medicine to prevent heart diseases in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old. I am a diabetic patient for the last one year. I used Ayurvedic medicines. Normally, the BP varies between 130/80 to 137/90. For the last 10 days, I am feeling uncomfortable in the chest. Recent test report: Fasting 110, PPBS 185, TC 213, Triglycerides 146,...  Read Full »

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »

Why do I feel sudden chest discomfort and breathlessness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a girl of 20. My height is 167 cm and weight is 75 kg. Over the past one week, I am having high discomfort and pain in my right chest when I breathe. The pain radiates to the right shoulder and right arm too. When I sneeze or blow my nose up, the pain is severe. I cannot explain this...  Read Full »