Q. My chest feels tight and burns for a few days now. Is it due to COVID-19?

Dr. Mohammed Wajid
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 15, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2020

Is it possible to overexert yourself and then not be able to breathe afterwards for days? like chest feels really tight and burns and feels like ive got asthma or something from lifting something heavy? Been feeling like this a few days now. Was feeling sick with suspected covid19 for a few weeks. Felt like I was starting to get better, then overexherted myself carrying heavy bags and immediately experienced intense tightness in chest and shortness of breath worse than before.Went to the ER they didnt see anything wrong with heart or lungs. Got an appointment with a doc but its not until later. Whats going on? ER said it could be stress or anxiety and gave ativan which helps some. But is it ever going to go away?

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapy
#

Hello.

the situation you are going through i can understand. its a pandemic that people of the world are suffering. your condition is quite similar to Covid19 cases, but do not worry, symptoms like FEVER, LOOSE NOSE, DIFFICULT IN BREATHING, COUGH, COLD AND THROAT PAIN are for covid positive persons.

you have just breathing problem. here i will tell you something important which will help you in keeping yourself stress free.

use the tab prescribed by the dr., also from today start DEEP BREATHING EXCERCISE. at first you wont be able to do breath deep but try to do slowly at first 10 secs. increase the count of breathing every minute.

afyer few minutes take a deep breath hold for 3-4 secs and then release. increase holding of breath for upto 20secs. i know you can do it and you have to do this. you are so tired and got over stressed by yourself. never get panicked.

aoart from DEEP BREATHING EXCERCISE do regular walk, little bit of muscle strengthening excercise as well. all this will help you in gaining your confidence, health and heart beat to normal.

SLEEP FULL, EAT HEALTHY, AVOID ALCOHOL IF CONSUMES, NEVER GET STRESSED.

always stay safe thank you.

| 

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

I have an anxiety problem from the past 10 years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Anxiety is every day of my life. I rarely get small breaks without anxiety. It has been 10 years now. Panic attacks do come. I am taking Xanax 0.5 mg 1 to 3 days. I am a 26 years old male, and my height and weight are 5.9" and 80 kg respectively. Please help.  Read Full »

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now