Q. I am getting chest pain and I fear that it would be a heart attack. Please help.

Dr. Rishu

I have chest pain for quite a few days and have discomfort on jaws and back. I also have neck pain and arm pain. I have gone through lipid test, ECG twice, echo and TMT. All are normal. My BP remains 115/75 mmHg, my cholesterol is 163, HDL 47 and LDL 98. In TMT, I achieved 13.8 METs maximum; bpm was 181 with BP of 170/100 mmHg on TMT. I have a fear that I may still get a heart attack. I showed to my doctor, and he said that I would not have a heart attack for the next 15years. But, I am not able to get in my.mind. I use to smoke and now have quit smoking. Please help me.

Dr. Rishu

Cardiology
#

I have noted all your details.

• As your echo and treadmill test are normal with excellent exercise tolerance, the chances of it being a cardiac pain are highly unlikely.
  • Please mention your age and smoking habits. TMT and 2D echo are more than 85% sensitive to rule out coronary artery blockage.
  • However, pain radiating to jaw and back of the neck can be of cervical in origin. However, if you want to be dead sure that it is not cardiac, then go for a stress thallium.
  • It is almost 98% sensitive for the cardiac origin of chest pain, and complete cardiology clearance can be given only after that.

Tablet Ultracet (Acetaminophen and Tramadol) twice daily for three days.

X-ray AP (anteroposterior) and lateral cervical spine to rule out spondylosis.

For further information consult a cardiologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|