Q. I am suffering from chest pain for three months. Kindly advice.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

I have chest pain for three months. I took ECG, Echo, TMT, my reports are normal. But still, I have the same problem. I take Solopose Beta 0.5 mg. My blood pressure suddenly rises to 120/90.

#

I understand your concern and would like to explain that as all your cardiac tests have resulted in normal, a cardiac issue is almost excluded. A 24 hours ECG monitoring test (Holter) would be necessary to eliminate any abnormal arrhythmic event. Probably the most important aspect to explain your symptoms seems to be anxiety. It may exacerbate tachycardia and also unpleasant chest discomfort.

But, before getting to that conclusion, I would recommend a cardiac magnetic resonance imaging test. Also, be careful with your current medication as it contains a beta blocker (Propranolol), which if not taken continuously may lead to a rebound effect (increased heart rate). I hope to have been helpful to you.

I am afraid that could it be a heart attack?

#

You should not worry as all the cardiac tests have resulted in normal. Just to be completely sure that only anxiety plays a role I have recommended the above tests.

|