Q. I get chest pain after recovering from flu. Why?

Dr. B R Isharam

I am a 28-year-old female. I have chest pain after flu-like symptoms. My height is 171 cm and weighs about 61kg. It started about one and a half months ago as a normal flu with coughing and runny nose. I took some flu medicines (Lemsips pills), I got rid of the runny nose, but I still had the cough which was dry. After a few weeks the cough began to be productive and the pharmacist prescribed some cough syrup (Robitussin) and Paracetamol. After a blocked ear, due to inflammation, I had to take antibiotics as well (Amoxicillin). Now I only cough in the morning, but I have this chest pain, mostly when I lie down. I do not have any other symptoms such as fever, runny nose, etc.

#

It seems like a little infection in lungs maybe. So I am prescribing some drugs and tests as well. Take medicines properly and do the test and show me.

1. CBC (complete blood test).

2. Pulmonary function test.

3. Chest x-ray.

Take syrup Dextromethorphan two times daily, Amoxiclav 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) three times daily for five days, Diclofenac and Paracetamol two times daily for three days, and Levocetirizine 5 mg once daily for five days.

Take medicines with warm water. Drink warm water with honey. Avoid smoke exposure.

Infection.

Chest x-ray. CBC. PFT.

|