Q. I get tired with chest pain after a deep breath. What to do?

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

I am a 24-year-old male weighing 49 kg and 5 feet tall. I have done some blood work such as differential blood count and comprehensive metabolic panel today. Before a couple of weeks, I felt tiredness in the body and had chest pain when I took a deep breath before a couple of days. Out of these blood work tests, these are the things that were not normal. What does this mean? I had potassium of 3.3 mmol/L, albumin of 5.4 g/dL, MPV of 13.1 fL, lymph of 44.1 percent, and platelet count of 173 k/uL. I had a blood pressure of 118/73 mm Hg and a pulse of 100 beats per minute.

#

I understand your concern. The first picture suggesting urea and creatinine levels was not clear and hence I could not read the report. Please send me a clear picture. On going through the reading mentioned in the query, there are no clinically significant abnormal results except MPV (mean platelet volume) which was in a higher range. The platelet counts were normal and the potassium is 0.2 less than than the lower range of a normal person. Albumin levels resemble the same and they are within the normal limits.

Higher levels of lymph are seen when there is an inflammation. Please mention more about the symptoms. Please mention whether you have tiredness throughout the day, do you have back pain in the morning or evening, feeling of lethargic, any difficulty in breathing, fever, pain in the abdomen, any recent infection of the upper respiratory tract, and do you have pain in the site where you felt chest pain when touched or pressed. Please answer these questions to help you further.

I am sorry about the pictures. I can sleep for eight to twelve hours. When I get up, I feel tired again in a few hours. Sometimes, I sleep only for one or two hours a day for one or two weeks at a time. I have chest pain when I take a deep breath. It does not hurt when I take a normal breath. I was sick with rhinovirus before two months. I am taking Zoloft 50 mg for two months and currently jumped to 100 mg. I am also taking Omeprazole every day and Prednisone for the chest pain.

#

Welcome back to iciniq.com.

Based on the history provided by you, I can strongly suggest that you can have an inflammation affecting the cartilage (costochondritis) as you have a history of viral infection in the past and it hurts you when you press it. You can have a post-viral infection of the upper respiratory tract for two weeks to two to three months. In the absence of this medical history, I relate this to a simple inflammation of the rib cartilage and you need simple pain killers like Paracetamol. It gets settled within two to three days. Your disturbed sleep can occur due to an aside effect of Zoloft (Sertraline) due to its increased dose currently. So, you are experiencing lethargy, sleep disturbance, depression, and abdominal cramps. I suggest you do a thyroid profile to rule out thyroid hormone-related problems.

Thyroid profile (TSH, fT3, fT4)

Review with lab reports

|