Q. My mother gets chest pain that vanishes on medication. What is her problem?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 27, 2020

My mother is having severe chest pain and this has been the case every year during this period. She has consulted a lot many doctors and she took all the prescriptions as per them every year then it goes away only to reappear again during the next year. She is also being upset due to this pain. All antibiotics were given for gastric problems as said by various doctors. All the testing reports seem to be normal but the root cause of the problem is not identified (all doctors are just saying this to be some gastric problem).

She is currently Pantoprazole DSR, Ferhub XT, and Clonamelt 0.5 mg.

#

You need to understand first of all that every chest pain should be taken as heart problems until proved otherwise. So if previously ECG (electrocardiography) has been done, you should get it done again.

If the cardiac part is clear, I would say that she probably has perimenopausal symptoms. At her age hormone changes occur so chest heaviness, feeling of nervousness, and hot flushes can happen. I have treated my patients with such symptoms with the help of anxiolytic drugs.

Get her cardiac evaluation, if normal discuss with your doctor to prescribe this medicine to her for a few weeks and see the results. I am very hopeful that it would work.

|