Q. What are the causes of chest pain if the ECG is normal?

Dr. Rajesh Jain

I am having chest pain for the last three years. It comes and goes away, and I did an ECG, which was normal. The echocardiogram I did was also normal. No one was able to find the cause or provide me with a diagnosis. Even now, when I check my heart rate, it is 95 beats per minute. I am having chest pain along with it I am having pain in my shoulder, and yesterday pain was in my arm. I am confused. What is the issue with me? I am a 22-year-old male who recently started smoking and drinking.

#

I understand your concern, and I request you to not worry. The chest pain seems to be musculoskeletal pain due to sitting in the wrong posture, sleeping in the wrong posture, or lack of exercise. Please do neck, back, and shoulder exercises daily. Try to sleep and sit in the correct posture. Consider doing deep breathing exercises regularly. While getting up, do stretching exercises regularly before leaving the bed. Avoid using a thick pillow. And drinking and smoking is not advisable.

For your symptoms, I suggest:

1) Tablet Pan 40 mg (Pantoprazole) on an empty stomach.

2) Tablet Zerodol TH 4 (Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside), one tablet twice a day.

3) Tablet Trinerve LC (Levo-carnitine, Methylcobalamin, and Folic Acid), one tablet daily.

Consult a nearby doctor and then start taking the above medicines with their consent for seven days. Please follow-up after a week. Thank you.

|