Q. Can you help interpret my chest X-ray?

Dr. Vivek Chail
Published on Dec 21, 2017

I had a chest and sinus X-ray a couple of days ago and I need help reading and explaining it. I had a runny nose and a cough with phlegm so the ENT doctor asked for a chest X-ray. I have attached the images of the reports.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I am able to view your paranasal sinus X-rays.

It shows mild haziness in the left maxillary sinus compared to the opposite side which can be due to a mild sinus infection.

The right inferior turbinates which are a soft tissue in the nasal cavity shows mild hypertrophy.

The frontal sinuses are normal.

The bony nasal septum is in the midline. Probably you had a flu attack which is improving.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

| 

Thank you for the explanation. A copy of the chest X-ray is attached herewith.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

I have viewed your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The lungs are looking normal. Please note that some doctors might feel there is a slight prominence of lung markings in the lower zones which is a subjective interpretation and can be due to flu and cough.

The cardiophrenic and costophrenic angles are free.

The heart is normal.

The domes of the diaphragm are normal.

The bones of the thoracic cage and chest are normal. There is no finding of concern in your chest X-ray.

| 

When I cough my chest pain gets worse. Is it something serious?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 60 year old female. I weigh 70 kg and my height is 5 feet. I am a known diabetic and hypertensive and on regular medications. I have been suffering with dry cough, fever and chest pain. When I cough my chest pain gets worse. I am unable to take deep breath, because if I inhale dee...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for a 2-month-old baby suffering from dry cough.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2 months old and he is suffering with dry cough over the last 3 days. We consulted local doctor and he advised TA-65 capsule which can be taken by mixing one capsule in 10 cc of distilled water. He advised to use 2 mL of this mixture for 3 days. My question is how exactly does T...  Read Full »

Does my chest x-ray show any nodules of concern?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion regarding my chest x-ray. The chest x-ray showed no masses, nodules or pneumonia. I just have a very mild inflammation and an old rib injury. The doctor told me that I had heart deformities, but I already knew about those.  Read Full »

Ask a Radiologist Now