Q. I have a chest pain on deep breathing. Why?

I am a 44 year old female. From the last four days, I have a pain when I breathe in. It is felt just above my left breast, not exacerbated by lifting, but when I stand up from a lying or sitting position, it gets worse. I also have a slight ache in the left shoulder and on the top of my left arm. I am not taking medication. The pain is not relieved by anti inflammatories or codeine. I cannot recall injuring myself at all.

#

I went through your query. Let me tell you few important things about chest pain.

• Any chest pain which is increased by a movement is from the chest wall and not from the heart.
  • A chest pain which is exaggerated by coughing, sneezing, and deep breathing is due to a problem in the pleura that covers the lungs.
  • Any chest pain in the middle of the chest which is continuous, severe, and associated with breathlessness and sweating radiating to the arm or jaw is likely to be of a cardiac origin.
  • Your pain is likely to be originating from the chest wall. So, I would suggest getting an X-ray of the chest done and taking a NSAID (non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs) for few days.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|