Q. Kindly have a look on my chest X-ray and explain.

Published on Jun 24, 2019

I had severe cough and mucus formation which was in yellow. The doctor had prescribed antibiotics, Salbutamol tablet and allergy tablets. Now that cough has reduced but I feel some heaviness at the back right hand side and when waking up in the morning. While I had visited the doctor they had adviced me to take an X-ray. Later they said there is slight pneumonia and to continue antibiotics (Azithromycin) for five days.

Also, I have completed my antibiotics dose for four days, still left with one more day. Cough is not there currently and better. I am attaching X-ray that was taken for your advice. Would like to have a second opinion on the X-ray report.

Hematology Pathology
#

In attached X-ray report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is presence of slight consolidation in right side. So, it is suggestive of pneumonia like infection. For that, you need to complete antibiotic course. If clinically improved well, then no need for further work up.

| 

Bronchitis vs. Pneumonia

Article Overview: Bronchitis and pneumonia both are lung conditions and cause similar symptoms, so it becomes difficult to tell them apart. Both these illnesses affect the airways and cause cough and discomfort.  Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan
Pulmonologist

Most people recover quickly from a cold and flu, but in some, it might lead to bronchitis or pneumonia. Bronchitis and pneumonia both are lung conditions and cause similar symptoms, so it becomes difficult to tell them apart. Both these illnesses affect the airways and cause cough and discomfort. It...  Read Article

I have a heaving cough that does not go away. What can I do about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old. I have a heaving cough and throat infection, and also heavy breathing and weakness. It has been a month, but it does not go away.  Read Full »

What can be done when heart becomes enlarged due to cocaine use?

Query: Hello doctor, I was taking cocaine and alcohol once a week for 20 years. On the first of this year, I started getting a cough and breathlessness. I continue to do my binge until four weeks ago when I was diagnosed with mild left ventricle dysfunction. I then had a chest CT scan and lungs come back c...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now