Q. What can I do to prevent chickenpox from spreading to my family members?

Dr. Meha Malhotra
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 07, 2013 and last reviewed on: Sep 06, 2018

My brother is suffering from chickenpox. What can I do to prevent it from spreading to my family members? What type of diet can he take? He is a 10 year old boy whose weight is 51 kg.

#

In case all of your family members have got full blown chickenpox earlier, there is nothing to worry about. Otherwise, you need to keep your brother in a separate room until all his lesions have crusted.

Wash all his utensils and clothes separately in hot water.

He can be on routine food without the spices.

In case he has ulcers in the mouth, give a semisolid diet.

• Have you started any medicines?
  • Does he have fever or itching?

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Does miscarriage affect fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male and my wife is 31 years old. We got married before two years and had not planned for pregnancy. My wife's medical history is as follows. Two years before her thyroid level was near 18 and she took regular medicine. Now her thyroid level came down between 2 and 3 a...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»