Q. What can I do to prevent chickenpox from spreading to my family members?

Dr. Meha Malhotra
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 07, 2013 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My brother is suffering from chickenpox. What can I do to prevent it from spreading to my family members? What type of diet can he take? He is a 10 year old boy whose weight is 51 kg.

#

In case all of your family members have got full blown chickenpox earlier, there is nothing to worry about. Otherwise, you need to keep your brother in a separate room until all his lesions have crusted.

Wash all his utensils and clothes separately in hot water.

He can be on routine food without the spices.

In case he has ulcers in the mouth, give a semisolid diet.

• Have you started any medicines?
  • Does he have fever or itching?

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|