Q. I am developing anxiety and depression due to some past childhood events. What to do?

Dr. Sibananda Mishra
Hello, I’m a 20 yr old female. Throughout my childhood I’ve experienced “paranormal” things; mostly in the form of visual hallucinations of shadows and odd movement. I’ve been treated for anxiety and depression in the past, but still struggle with anxiety often. I am haven’t taken medication in at least 3-4 years. Last year I began having auditory hallucinations as well. I only experience these things when I’m alone for the most part, and only at two locations. One being my parents when I house sit, the other being my grandparents. I have experienced traumatic familial situations at both locations, however the hallucinations don’t seem to relate to those experiences. I frequently endure intrusive thoughts, but never want to act them out. When I have hallucinations, I grow increasingly paranoid and struggle to sleep, eat, use the restroom etc. I have told 2 therapists about this in the past, but was immediately referred to psychiatrist and prescribed anti-depressants, which numbed my fear but not the experiences. I have a family history of mental health issues including Schizophrenia, Depression and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Maybe this isn’t the best place to post this, but I would really appreciate some answers and/or suggestions. I would feel very comforted if I at least had an idea of what might be causing this. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.
#

I have gone through your writing in detail. I understand that you have hallucinations both visual and auditory also from childhood. you have also family history of Psychiatric problem like Schizophrenia and other mental disorders. you have already consulted a Psychiatrist and taking medicines. Still you have such experiences when you are alone. I think that your problem is related to your childhood experiences( Past events). It may be some obsessions in the mind due to conflicts or frustrations in past events. You have written that your fear or hallucinations linked to some locations . It does not happen in other locations.

Past experiences ( childhood) or unfulfilled desire

Consult a Psychiatrist or Psychologist for advice

Depression and Severe Anxiety with Psychotic symptoms

Schizoaffective disorder

consult a Psychiatrist and Psychologist

change the location,. supportive environment for Patient, do not stay alone

regular follow is required.

| 

Bedwetting Homeopathy Treatment

Article Overview: Bedwetting can be cured naturally with homeopathy without disturbing the endocrine system. The treatment aims at reducing anxiety in the child which is the root cause of bedwetting. Read Article

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

When Does Bedwetting Become a Problem? Bedwetting is common before the age of 7 years and is not a major concern as, before the age of 7, the child does not have control over the bladder. But, if bedwetting continues after the age of 7, it is considered a problem. In that case, parents are advised ...  Read Article

Why does my 7-year-old son keep pulling his shirt?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 7, pulls his shirt constantly. He keeps his face that he does not realize what he is doing. Should I be concerned?  Read Full »

I have an anxiety problem from the past 10 years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Anxiety is every day of my life. I rarely get small breaks without anxiety. It has been 10 years now. Panic attacks do come. I am taking Xanax 0.5 mg 1 to 3 days. I am a 26 years old male, and my height and weight are 5.9" and 80 kg respectively. Please help.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now