Q. Is it normal to have chlamydia IgG negative and IgM positive on 168th day of exposure?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 11, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 12, 2019

On 168th day of risky exposure, chlamydia IGG is negative and IGM is positive. Gonococci urine test- grams smear is negative for gram negative dipplococci morphollogically resembling gonorrhea. I have taken Doxy1 LDR Forte for one week (14) along with Flavospas 200 mg after two weeks of exposure. Please interpret my test and inform which specialist doctor I have to consult.

#

You can consult a dermatologist and you have taken right treatment.

I have seen a dermatologist. What he is telling is there is no need for any medication as IGG is negative and incident took place around 168 days back. IGM is positive, is it because of some other reason? It is not because of chlamydia as I have taken medication earlier. What is your view on this? Whether I am infected or not? Whether I have to take any medication for positive IGM for chlamydia? Is urine test for gonococci conclusive on 168th day? Whether I have to do PCR for chlamydia and gonococci (urine)? Whether PCR test is reliable?

#

Yes, PCR is highly reliable but it would not be able to detect the chlamydia because you have taken complete treatment. If IgM is positive after 168 days then he should repeat the test to know whether it is false positive. Nevertheless, you have taken the complete course of chlamydia and nothing is needed now. If you are not having any kind of discharge or burning micturition, no treatment or test is required. The best test for both gonorrhea and chlamydia is PCR from the discharge, not from the urine.

|