Chlorhexidine Mouthwash

What causes bad breath and white coating on the tongue?

Query: I have very bad breath and my tongue be white unless I brush really hard and for a long time. Same issue for years. Been to the doctor about it and the dentist. Nothing has helped.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your personal Dentist - I went through query , as a Specialist am ready to help you . Issue of foul breath always related to food accumulation . As you mentioned white tongue that depicts food layer deposition . So I would recommend :- Use a soft bristle brus...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to heal my tongue ulcer.

Query: Hi doctor, I have one white patch in my mouth. It is exactly in the front part of my tongue and it affects my daily life strongly. I am really uncomfortable and my mouth has slobbered all the time. I used to have this in the past, but I did not have for more than a year. Sometimes, it is totally whi...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How many ulcers are there in your mouth? Exactly, how long it has been there? Do you have any genital ulcer? Is it painful or painless? Are you suffering from any joint pain? I am looking forward for your response in order to help you. Revert back with the answers to a d...  Read Full »

How long does the pain last after wisdom tooth extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, I had all four impacted wisdom teeth out a week ago. The pain has been absolutely horrible which I knew it would be. However, my left side has healed very well, is no longer swollen with minimal sensitivity. Now my right side is still as swollen as day two or three. It is hard, sensi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me explain a few things first. Wisdom tooth, first of all, can be fully erupted, partially erupted or totally unerupted, sometimes lying deep within the bone. The swelling of the extraction site depends on the amount of bone removal to take the tooth out. It is n...  Read Full »

Is Ibuprofen the best choice for pericoronitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have Pericoronitis (swelling and pain behind the wisdom tooth). I went to the dentist yesterday and he cleaned my mouth and gave me antibiotics (Penicillin V) and Ibuprofen 600. I have been taking the antibiotics for two days now and I do not feel an improvement. Is this normal? How l...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The loosely attached swollen gums over the wisdom tooth is called as pericoronitis. The age of eruption of wisdom teeth is from 17 to 21 years. Beyond that, if the wisdom tooth has not erupted or half erupted gives out pain or swelling, i...  Read Full »

What does green discoloration of upper front tooth indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a crack that runs from my two front top teeth and it has a green color and is noticeable when I smile. It is near the gum line but causes no pain. Do I need a dentist checkup?  Read Full »

Dr. Sourendra Nath Basu

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you need to visit your dentist as early as possible. Those green lines are basically a form of "calcified plaque or calculus" in medical term and the reason behind their green color can be chromogenic bacteria. These plaques are needed to be removed at the earl...  Read Full »

Is my dental problem curable?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 70 years old. He has some dental problem and that is filled with pus and blood. Local dentist checked it, but the treatment does not provide complete solution. It occurs again and again. Please check the picture and tell me what it is. Is it cancerous? Is it curable? Ple...  Read Full »

Dr. Johnn Kazimm

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) go, first inadequate frenum mandibular reveals inadequacy of attached gingiva. Then, two swellings can be seen in the lower region and possibly with pus. Firstly, a thorough scaling followed by deep scaling...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for bad breath even after brushing?

Query: Hello doctor, I brush two times a day, and also whenever I wake up from small nap, I brush my teeth. But, my mouth smells after 30 minutes of brushing. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Start using antibacterial or Chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash. This is best for bad breath, stinking mouth and halitosis. Use three times a day for two weeks. Another very helpful method for the cure of bad breath is saline water mouth rinses. Take a small cup of l...  Read Full »

Why is my tongue turning yellow?

Query: Hi doctor, My tongue looks yellow from a couple of days now. What is the cause? How to get rid of this? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nisha Ashokkumar Agrawal

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and I can understand your concern. I would like to know the following: Do you have any gastric problems? Sometimes, gastric problems can lead to such yellow tongue. Do you have any itchy skin lesions? Fungal infection is another cause. Treat it if you h...  Read Full »

I have a painful sore next to molar. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, About 6 days ago I noticed a painful sore or lesion right next to one of my molars. It was very red and white and now it is mostly white. Even though half the sore touches my tooth, the tooth does not hurt at all. It is very painful to floss and eat anything spicy. Should I see a dent...  Read Full »

Dr. Santra

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture of lesion and from it, it looks like gingivitis as the surrounding area is inflamed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If you ask me ideally, then there is a definite need to see a dentist as it takes time to heal spontaneously a...  Read Full »

Why does my sperm stinks?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old man. I have thick sperm that stinks and my saliva is also lumpy and stinks really bad. This has been like this for a few years now. I have gone to the sexual health clinic and had urine and blood test. It showed up nothing and came back clear. I also think that it ma...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think that it is not a disease. It is just a variation to have this thick saliva and sperm. It does not look like any infectious condition. Everyone's semen coagulate and smells bad once it comes in contact with air. I think it may be your increase awareness and conce...  Read Full »