Chlorhexidine Mouthwash

Why is my tongue turning yellow?

Query: Hi doctor, My tongue looks yellow from a couple of days now. What is the cause? How to get rid of this? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nisha Ashokkumar Agrawal

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and I can understand your concern. I would like to know the following: Do you have any gastric problems? Sometimes, gastric problems can lead to such yellow tongue. Do you have any itchy skin lesions? Fungal infection is another cause. Treat it if you h...  Read Full »

I have a painful sore next to molar. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, About 6 days ago I noticed a painful sore or lesion right next to one of my molars. It was very red and white and now it is mostly white. Even though half the sore touches my tooth, the tooth does not hurt at all. It is very painful to floss and eat anything spicy. Should I see a dent...  Read Full »

Dr. Santra

Dentist, Orthodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture of lesion and from it, it looks like gingivitis as the surrounding area is inflamed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If you ask me ideally, then there is a definite need to see a dentist as it takes time to heal spontaneously a...  Read Full »

Why does my sperm stinks?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old man. I have thick sperm that stinks and my saliva is also lumpy and stinks really bad. This has been like this for a few years now. I have gone to the sexual health clinic and had urine and blood test. It showed up nothing and came back clear. I also think that it ma...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think that it is not a disease. It is just a variation to have this thick saliva and sperm. It does not look like any infectious condition. Everyone's semen coagulate and smells bad once it comes in contact with air. I think it may be your increase awareness and conce...  Read Full »

Can tonsil stones cause an altered sense of smell?

Query: Hello doctor, I currently have tonsil stones that do not occur every day but at a rate of three to four a week. Also, I notice it does not take much for me to get hoarse and my voice cracks for no reason when talking. I have also noticed that my sense of smell is off.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tonsil stones are a sign of chronic tonsillitis. They occur due to the accumulation of food debris in the tonsil crevices. This may be due to a tonsil infection or due to an infection from the nose. As you have mentioned that your voice cracks and there is a smell di...  Read Full »

Does canker sore make lymph node swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have a canker sore. I was wondering if it is common to have a swollen right lymph node with tenderness, body pain, and tiredness along with the sore. Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cankersore also referred as aphthous ulcer, is a non-specific ulceration of non-keratinous mucous membrane of the mouth. The exact cause why these occur is not clear. Irritation of mucous membrane due to acidic foods and citrous foods could be a possibility. Pain is quite...  Read Full »

I swallowed Povidone iodine mouthwash by mistake. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old. I drank Povidone-iodine germicide gargle 10 ml in the morning and 10 ml in the afternoon. Will it affect my health as I am suffering from gastritis? I am also taking other medicines for acid reflux and my other question is that I feel a burning sensation in my left...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Betadine (Povidone-Iodine 10 %) has been used as an external disinfectant prior to surgery for years. The active antimicrobial agent is iodine and is necessary for thyroid hormone synthesis. Excess iodine will be filtered out by the normal kidneys. Povidone is a common...  Read Full »

I had a root canal before two months and a spongy green stuff coming out my tooth. Is this mold?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a root canal before two months. And recently I felt something was stuck in the hole like chicken. I brushed, rinsed, flossed, and tugged, but it did not come out. My friend looked, and it tries to tell me it was my tooth. Well after about two weeks I decided to take tweezers and p...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have to say this. Your root canal treatment was not completed. The green spongy thing is nothing but discolored cotton pellet used to cover the root openings top of which a temporary filling was done. This is so obvious that the tooth was not given a permanent fill...  Read Full »

What is foliate papillitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old female, who has an inflamed looking foliate papillae on right side of the tongue towards the back, it has been like this for more than three weeks now. It has not gotten better or worse, pretty much looks the same. It creates this feeling of something stuck in the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lesion on the tongue (attachment removed to protect patient identity) appears to be an ulcerative lesion. You should get yourself examined by an ENT specialist because I think a biopsy might be required. As you might have taken antibiotics for tooth infection, the t...  Read Full »

Why is bone exposed in my gums?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a swollen, bleeding and receding gums. I tried Corsodyl mouthwash, but I want more advice. I am dreading going to the dentist. I really do not want to lose my tooth. The top bone area is currently exposed. I really need help, please.  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sore, swollen and receding gums with bleeding seem to be most probably due to an active gum infection that is causing a loss of attachment from the gum and underlying bone, making the teeth loose. This condition is called periodontitis. Using only a mouth wash will not...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for sore gums caused by brushing too hard.

Query: Hello doctor, I was brushing my teeth and went side-tracked and brushed my gums too hard and now my right upper gum by my right canine and first pre-molar hurts. It hurts to eat salty foods and I was eating some chips and that made it hurt too. What could this be? Is it serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have actually traumatized your gums while brushing too hard, but do not worry since it is a minor problem. Our gums have a tendency to heal on its own, within a few days without any treatment. For faster results, you can use a mouthwash containing Chlorhexidine g...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.