Q. My lipid test report shows quite high values. Kindly advice.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jun 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 12, 2019

I am 35-years-old. My cholesterol level is 222, triglycerides 87, HDL (cholesterol) 60, LDL (cholesterol) 156 and non-HDL (cholesterol) 162. Kindly advice.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

Do you have diabetes, hypertension, family history of a heart attack in young age? Do you have deranged kidney function? Answers to these questions if not, it is critical to decide medicine. If these are not present, then medication is not required at this stage. Only lifestyle and dietary modification are necessary. Reduce saturated fats and trans fats (ghee, butter) in diet, reduce red meat, consume more dry fruits, and vegetables. Avoid more than one egg yolk per day. Do regular exercise, such as jogging, cycling, brisk walk, etc. Avoid a sedentary lifestyle after three months repeat fasting lipid profile.

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Hypertension - How Aware Are You?

Article Overview: This simple quiz tests your knowledge and teaches you hypertension facts. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Please check the answer key and get to know how much you know about hypertension based on your score. 0-3: You need to learn more 3-6: A little more knowledge is good for health > 6: Keep updating yourself Question 1: Hypertensive patients should avoid exercise a) True b) False Answer:...  Read Article

Will my cholesterol go up if I skip Lipitor?

Query: Hi doctor, I have lost my prescription for Lipitor and have been taking it for four days. I will get it tomorrow. I am on 10 mg a day. I am worried, will my cholesterol go up in that time since I am not taking it?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The half life of Lipitor (Atorvastatin) is 14 hours in humans (meaning drug is eliminated in about 14 hours). The main effect of Lipitor is to block the buildup and making of cholesterol in body. It does the job together with the help of other active ingredients and it...  Read Full