Q. What causes red line on skin while scratching?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

When my body gets hotter, my skin irritates me or when I go out on a sunny day my skin itches me and no rash appear on my skin. But when I scratch my skin a red line appears on my skin wherever I scratch it. When my bosy gets hotter I also suffer from butt sweat which is another problem for me. Can you please tell which disease I am suffering from?

#

1. From your brief history it looks like you are just having Cholinergic Urticaria which is nothing but a reaction that occurs with rise of body temperature. This is will also manifest as increased sweating.

2. There is no need to panic as this subsides or gets better on its own with time.

3. The main thing to do is avoid the triggering factor, like:

- Avoiding spicy and hot food

- Excising in an air conditioned / well ventilated room to a level where your body can tolerate the heat

- Avoiding hot showers,

- Avoid over clothing yourself

- Do not wear tight clothes

4. You can use:

- T. Teczine M ( Montelukast+ Levocetrizine) once daily only in the night. It should be used only on the days you have irrittion and not daily, and not for more than 2-3 weeks continuously.

- Calosoft lotion ( Calamine + Aloe vera) morning and night ( whenever you have the irritation)

5. The red line appearing when you stroke your skin is because of the increased allergy level (IgE and ESR) in your blood which will increase on each flare up and reduce.

| 

My wife has urticaria. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has been getting a rash which the doctor has termed as urticaria. What could have caused this? I feel she could be having a yeast intolerance. Please help.  Read Full »

I had an allergy blood test and my specific allergy numbers range from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got results back from an allergy blood test. My specific allergy numbers ranged from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. My total IgE is 241 IU/mL. Does this total number indicate anything? Is the number high or low?  Read Full »

Is there something serious about lymphocytes count that is high?

Query: Hello doctor, I have extreme pain in my throat and one swollen lymph node too and 99-degree fever. Before these symptoms I was only suffering from fever which was a low-grade fever I had my CBC done before three days and it shows that my lymphocytes count is 60 % and WBC is 6.6x10 and the rest is n...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»