Q. What is the effective treatment for chronic cough and cold?

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

My mother has been suffering from a cough and cold for one month. We consulted a doctor, who prescribed some medicine like Zadonase and an inhaler. Now, my mother feels ill and weak. What should I do?

Kindly help.

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

Your mother has had a cough and cold for one month. She has been prescribed anti-allergic medication for her condition. So a doctor might suspect allergic bronchitis. If allergic inflammation is more, then her AEC (absolute eosinophil count) will be high. You can investigate with CBC (complete blood count) also. I suggest consulting a pulmonologist for examination. Further workup should be done in the form of chest X-ray and spirometry. You can revert with reports. She can be prescribed the tablet Paracetamol for fever. Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder with milk daily. Salt-added lukewarm water gargle can be beneficial.

I hope I have answered your question.

|