Q. I think the CT abdomen shows some liver problem. Kindly suggest solution.

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

I may have a liver problem and would like to get advice. I had done some medical tests recently and the liver turned out to be a bit problematic for me. Hence, thought of consulting a specialist.

I am currently blood pressure, blood thinner, cholesterol-reducing drugs, and medicine for thyroid.

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have gone through your query.

Your BP and cholesterol levels seem to be fairly well under control of treatment. Kindly share all your available reports, liver function tests, and details of the symptoms and problem that you are facing at present.

Kindly get back with the above details and any other questions if you have further discussion and management.

| 

My mother went in for a CT scan of the whole abdomen (the report is attached). The report indicates that she may have a liver problem. Currently, she is experiencing frequent loose motion even after following a rather simple and plain diet. We are worried and will appreciate it highly if you could recommend some medicines that may address the potential liver problem. Of course, I will wait for your thoughts on whether she has any issues with the liver.

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

#

I have seen her CT (computed tomography) scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is no major reason to worry in the scan.

CT report is suggestive of an abdominal hernia and some possible chronic liver disease changes. But the liver size and texture are normal. Looking at her age and other factors, I do not think there is a reason to worry from the liver point of view provided her liver function test is normal.

Just get LFT (liver function test), PT (prothrombin time) INR report done if it is not done and also check for her blood sugar levels, and TSH levels. It is not an emergency, but get it done once, whenever possible.

For her loose motions, she can take tablet O2 (Ofloxacin + Ornidazole) twice a day for three days, Sporlac DS (Lactic acid bacillus) twice in a day for five days, ORS (oral rehydration solution) sachet with water. Take adequate amount of water to avoid dehydration. Preferably boiled water or filter water to be used for drinking.

|