Chronic Rhinosinusitis

Please suggest treatment for chronic sinusitis.

Query: Hi, I have had chronic sinusitis for my whole life, my father has it as well and as far as I know, it had developed into rhinosinusitis and he is now unable to taste or smell. how can i prevent this happening to me?  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, U seem to have Allergic rhinitis which is typically due to hyperresponse to a certain material eg. dust. It typically presents with bouts of sneezing, more at a specific time in the day & related to some material for eg dust. apart from dust, there r many other materials that can cause a...  Read Full »

What causes orange tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having a funny smell in my nose for the past several weeks. Additionally, I have a yellow and orange coating on my tongue. I have gone to my ENT last week not in regards to the smell but just as a follow up. All seemed to be clear except for some swelling. Since then the smell...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you mean to say you have funny smell? You have decreased smell or increased smell or altogether a different smell? Decreased or increased smell is due to diseases of nose and anterior skull base, but different smell is usually psychological. You had sinus issues, but w...  Read Full »

How to manage my sinus problem?

Query: I’ve had sinus issues on/off for the better part of a year. Previously it would only randomly flare-up 20-25% of the day with both nostrils being fully clogged but return normal the rest of the day. The occurrence rate has greatly increased in the last few months. The last 3-4 days have been terr...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq, As per your history it seem you are suffering from Rhinosinusitis, Rhinosinusitis is the inflammation of the mucosa of the nose and paranasal sinuses. Most common symptoms includes frontal headache, facial fullness, Nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, Post nasal drip,Hypos...  Read Full »

Why is my dust and pollen allergy not relieving even after taking medicines?

Query: Hi I got pollen and dust allergy for last 3 months, I am using allergy vaccine regularly but I was told it takes time to overcome the symptoms of allergy.. AND GIVEN MEDICINES to relief my cough and phlegm problem... My cough Is still there and becoz of medicine my phlegm is stuck in my head.... No...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, As per your symptoms, its seems to be Rhinosinusitis. Rhinosinusitis is the inflammation of nose and paranasal sinus. Symptoms includes : Nasal obstruction, Facial pain, cough, earache, nasal discharge, Post nasal discharge, Hyposmia, disturbed sleep, difficult to concentrate, dental pain. ...  Read Full »

Can allergic rhinosinusitis occur without mucus production?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old male. Last month, I sneezed the whole day and produced a lot of clear mucus. Two days later, mucus dried up, but I felt pressure on my head and slightly swollen and painful lymph node on my right jaw. This persisted until today. What I could feel was no mucus, nas...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not panic. Your symptoms are completely away from cancer. You think you do not have mucus, but you may have a lot of collected mucus inside your sinuses. The mucus can be thick enough to be stuck into sinuses and could not be drained easily through the nose. You ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for throat itch and cough with no fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having itching in throat and little cough for more than two weeks and cold. No fever, no body pain. My BP and sugar are normal. I am taking Cetirizine and Calvam 625 with little improvement.  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any postnasal drip or cold? Do you have any acid reflux, stomach ache, or sour eructations? Is there any cervical lymph node? Do you smoke? Can you attach a picture of your throat?  Read Full »

Can blowing your nose result in nosebleeds?

Query: Five days ago I had thick mucous in my nose and from the carving of my nose I had a wound without special nosebleeds ... I put Vaseline and it stopped the next day but the mucus continues. they are yellowish sticky and odorous and every time I try to blow my nose I bleed again. I put only rinopantei...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, welcome to iCliniq Can you tell me if this discharge is unilateral or bilateral. how profuse is it? do you have any nasal blockade or obstruction of any type? Do you have cold? how is your smell? Do you get sneezing? Is your nose tender?  Read Full »

Do getting nasal hairs along with mucus while cleaning the nose indicate infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old male. For the past six to seven days I am having a cold. My mucus has turned green and also my mucus become hard and stays just at the end of my nose. Three days ago I cleared the hard mucus with my fingers and get out along with some hairs. I get some hairs out ev...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Our internal nose has two parts one part which is known as vestibule contains a large number of hair follicles and another part is more inside part of the nose which contains simple mucosa which produces mucus. You seem to be suffering from an acute infection of the...  Read Full »

Will chronic sinusitis permanently damage sense of taste and smell?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with chronic sinusitis last week. I have a very weak sense of smell and taste, tinnitus, post-nasal drip, and congestion. My sense of smell is also getting weaker for the last five days. Can chronic sinusitis permanently damage my sense of smell at this time? Or can it...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chronic rhinosinusitis is a chronic inflammation of the nose and sinuses where there will be significant dysfunction in sinus physiology. This causes swelling of the nose tissues leading to symptoms such as nasal congestion, nasal discharge, post nasal drip and heavi...  Read Full »

Why is there loss of smell and taste in chronic rhinitis even after medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am diagnosed with chronic rhinitis by an ENT doctor. I cannot sleep at night and barely eat anymore because I cannot taste or smell anything. My nose is always stuffy. I tried Neti pot, sinus irrigator, herbs, and steam inhalation. I cannot seem to find anything that helps except...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem. It can be a bothersome problem in your case. Chronic rhinitis should be evaluated, and any condition causing it should be addressed specifically. If you could show me the findings of the nasal endoscopy it will be useful for me to make a d...  Read Full »