Chronic Rhinosinusitis

Why do I have pain and numbness in the olfactory region with a weak sense of smell and taste?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had numbness and throbbing pain around my olfactory region with a weak sense of smell and taste for the past nine months. I consulted an ENT. He did an endoscopy and said that everything was normal. There is no inflammation or mucosa thickening. He added that it could be becaus...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for describing your medical history in detail. It is clear from your symptoms that you were suffering from chronic rhinosinusitis with eustachian tube dysfunction, and you responded well to nasal steroid rinses. In the case of chronic rhinosinusitis wit...  Read Full »

Can rhinosinusitis cause cold, cough and voice hoarseness with green phlegm?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been suffering from cough and cold for three days now. I have a clogged nose, watery eyes, and hoarseness of voice. My phlegm has turned greenish already. I have recently been diagnosed with LPR but have done with medications though I still feel phlegm down my throat. I have taken A...  Read Full »

Dr. Radela Yvonne Cortes

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need more details before I can suggest you a treatment. When were you diagnosed with LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux), and what medicines were given to you? Do you have a fever? Are you asthmatic? Do you have allergies to food and medicines? Do you have any maintenance ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for chronic sinusitis.

Query: Hi doctor, I have chronic sinusitis. My father has it. It has developed into rhinosinusitis and he is unable to taste or smell now. How to prevent this from happening to me?   Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have allergic rhinitis. It typically occurs due to a hyper response to a certain material like dust. It presents with bouts of sneezing more at a specific time in a day. There are many other materials that can cause allergic rhinitis. They can cause itch...  Read Full »

Can blowing your nose result in nosebleeds?

Query: Hi doctor, Before five days, I had a thick mucus in my nose. Due to carving of my nose, I had a wound without nosebleeds. I used Vaseline and it got stopped on the next day. But I had some mucus in my nose. They were yellowish sticky and odorous. When I tried to blow my nose, I had some bleeding ...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether the discharge is unilateral or bilateral. Please mention whether you have any nasal blockage or any obstruction. Please mention whether you have a cold, sneezing, and tenderness in the nose. Please mention whether your sense of smell is normal.   Read Full »

Why is my dust and pollen allergy not relieving even after taking medicines?

Query: Hi doctor,I got a pollen and dust allergy before three months. I am using my allergy vaccine regularly but my doctor told me that it takes some time to overcome the symptoms of allergy. I was given medications to get relief from cough and phlegm. But still, I have a cough. After taking medicines, my...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the symptoms, you have rhinosinusitis. It occurs due to inflammation of the nose and paranasal sinus. The initial symptoms are nasal obstruction. facial pain, cough, earache, nasal discharge, postnasal discharge, hyposmia, disturbed sleep, difficulty in...  Read Full »

How to manage my sinus problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I have sinus issue for a year. Previously, I will have a random flare-up of 20 to 25 percent a day in both the nostrils. It seems to be fully clogged and it returns back to normal on the rest of the day. The occurrence rate has got increased in the last few months. I have constant pressu...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the history, you are suffering from rhinosinusitis. It is an inflammation of the mucosa of the nose and paranasal sinuses. The symptoms are frontal headache, facial fullness, nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, postnasal drip, hyposmia, decrease in concentration,...  Read Full »

What causes orange tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having a funny smell in my nose for the past several weeks. Additionally, I have a yellow and orange coating on my tongue. I have gone to my ENT last week not in regards to the smell but just as a follow up. All seemed to be clear except for some swelling. Since then the smell...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you mean to say you have funny smell? You have decreased smell or increased smell or altogether a different smell? Decreased or increased smell is due to diseases of nose and anterior skull base, but different smell is usually psychological. You had sinus issues, but w...  Read Full »

Can allergic rhinosinusitis occur without mucus production?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old male. Last month, I sneezed the whole day and produced a lot of clear mucus. Two days later, mucus dried up, but I felt pressure on my head and slightly swollen and painful lymph node on my right jaw. This persisted until today. What I could feel was no mucus, nas...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not panic. Your symptoms are completely away from cancer. You think you do not have mucus, but you may have a lot of collected mucus inside your sinuses. The mucus can be thick enough to be stuck into sinuses and could not be drained easily through the nose. You ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for throat itch and cough with no fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having itching in throat and little cough for more than two weeks and cold. No fever, no body pain. My BP and sugar are normal. I am taking Cetirizine and Calvam 625 with little improvement.  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any postnasal drip or cold? Do you have any acid reflux, stomach ache, or sour eructations? Is there any cervical lymph node? Do you smoke? Can you attach a picture of your throat?  Read Full »

Do getting nasal hairs along with mucus while cleaning the nose indicate infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old male. For the past six to seven days I am having a cold. My mucus has turned green and also my mucus become hard and stays just at the end of my nose. Three days ago I cleared the hard mucus with my fingers and get out along with some hairs. I get some hairs out ev...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Our internal nose has two parts one part which is known as vestibule contains a large number of hair follicles and another part is more inside part of the nose which contains simple mucosa which produces mucus. You seem to be suffering from an acute infection of the...  Read Full »