Chronic Rhinosinusitis

Can blowing your nose result in nosebleeds?

Query: Hi doctor, Before five days, I had a thick mucus in my nose. Due to carving of my nose, I had a wound without nosebleeds. I used Vaseline and it got stopped on the next day. But I had some mucus in my nose. They were yellowish sticky and odorous. When I tried to blow my nose, I had some bleeding ...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether the discharge is unilateral or bilateral. Please mention whether you have any nasal blockage or any obstruction. Please mention whether you have a cold, sneezing, and tenderness in the nose. Please mention whether your sense of smell is normal.   Read Full »

What could be the reason for throat itch and cough with no fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having itching in throat and little cough for more than two weeks and cold. No fever, no body pain. My BP and sugar are normal. I am taking Cetirizine and Calvam 625 with little improvement.  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any postnasal drip or cold? Do you have any acid reflux, stomach ache, or sour eructations? Is there any cervical lymph node? Do you smoke? Can you attach a picture of your throat?  Read Full »

Is there any permanent solution for post nasal drip?

Query: Hello doctor, Please advise me a permanent solution of postnasal drip. I have been suffering for a long time that causes continuous pharyngeal irritation and coughing.  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Postnasal drip occurs due to rhinosinusitis or nasopharyngitis and is rightly said to be allergic which is exacerbated by infections. Treating the underlying cause helps in mitigating (making less severe) these symptoms. Allergic rhinitis or rhinosinusitis can be dif...  Read Full »