Chronic Tonsillitis

Why can be the cause of a soft and non-painful lump on the right side of the throat?

Query: I'm 23years old, Lump in right side of my throat. Lump is soft and not painful. But sometimes having a right side neck and ear pain. Also feeling of small hard stones in throat. Please help I am tensed if its a cancer. . I don't smoke. . It all started with acid reflux when I was pregnant.i have bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq Ma’am as per your symptoms and description it’s looking like you have tonsillitis. Because it’s for long so can call it chronic tonsillitis.its caused by bacterial infection and if it stays for long sometimes there is formation of tiny whitish stones. And due...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest me any solution to gain weight.

Query: Hello Sir/Ma'am !Im suffering from tonsillitis since 3 years due to which mah be i dont eat properly ..But mow i eat food twice a day eavh time 3 chapatis even then i don't gain weight. Kindly suggest me any solution to gain weight as i also have white discharge problem from vargina.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, I see that you have chronic tonsillitis due to which you dont take food properly and lost weight You can take protein supplements for weight gain But before that have you evaluated for your tonsillitis issue, have you done any blood investigations, consulted any ENT Doctor regarding this. if so...  Read Full »

I have white patches in the throat, but the strep test was negative. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Two weeks ago, I developed white patches in the throat. I do not feel a sore throat, but there is slight discomfort, runny nose, and cough. I think it is due to cold. Also, I feel body pain for the past three days. I was tested for strep, and the rapid strep test was negative. The white...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By looking at the history and symptoms, a few things come to my list of differential diagnosis. Before that, I would like to know a few things like whether it is associated with difficulty in swallowing, headache, neck stiffness, etc. As you mentioned you have already t...  Read Full »

What can cause chronic tonsillitis and knee swelling in a child?

Query: Hi Doctor, My daughter age 7.6 years,She is suffering from tonsillitis for almost 5 years and every month we are giving her antibiotic with paracetamol etc ,Now for last 5 months ,there are swelling in her knees and some time migrating from one knee to another with little fever as well . We are ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: HI. Welcome to i clinic. I understand your concern, and the amount of confusion you must be facing as a parent. First, the swelling in the knee AND THROAT INFECTION COULD BE RELATED TO EACHOTHER, or a condition called rheumatic fever, you must discuss with your pediatrics doctor about his view on...  Read Full »

What is the cause of a painless bump on the soft palate?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel some tissue or bump on the soft palate. It is soft without pain. I have been having it for many months. The doctors said that it is due to brush injury and will heal, but it did not. What is it?  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are having soft swelling on your palate for quite a long time, which is not tender. So, it may be Ectopic salivary gland. Palatal cyst. To confirm it, you should do FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) from this lump to find out the nature...  Read Full »

How to cure a throat pain that gets better with antibiotics and then comes back?

Query: Dear sir, I have right side throat pain from last 1 months. When I take the antibiotics then pain is gone. When I stopped antibiotics it will start again. Doctor said it is pharyngeal wall congestion. How I can cure from this disease. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati

Answer: Hello. Good to hear from you. I understand your situation. The typical recurrent pain you complain might be because of the following most common causes.. 1. Chronic tonsillitis/pharyngitis 2. Chronic gastritis. 3. Persistent post nasal discharge. As you say it’s subsiding with antibiotics ...  Read Full »

What are the conditions that cause persistent cough with phlegm?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having persistent cough with phlegm for the last four months. I also have fatigue. I am currently taking Cymbalta, Abilify, Topamax, Baclofen, Lorazepam and Trazodone. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Here I would like to tell you about the causes of persistent cough with phlegm. These are: Rhinitis and Rhinosinusitis. Chronic tonsillitis and tonsillopharyngitis. Chronic bronchitis. Bronchiectasis. Pulmonary tuberculosis. Malignant pathology...  Read Full »

Can tonsil stones cause an altered sense of smell?

Query: Hello doctor, I currently have tonsil stones that do not occur every day but at a rate of three to four a week. Also, I notice it does not take much for me to get hoarse and my voice cracks for no reason when talking. I have also noticed that my sense of smell is off.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tonsil stones are a sign of chronic tonsillitis. They occur due to the accumulation of food debris in the tonsil crevices. This may be due to a tonsil infection or due to an infection from the nose. As you have mentioned that your voice cracks and there is a smell di...  Read Full »

Why does my Adam's apple hurt on touch?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male with a history of some tonsil problem. About seven years ago, I had both a peritonsillar abscess and mononucleosis around the same time. After that, I began seeing an ENT for some fatigue and for lymph nodes on my neck that were both large and painless. After a...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please send me pictures of your throat and of the prescription of the surgery done before? I feel you have recurrent follicular tonsillitis, and you got peritonsillar abscess for the same reason. Chronic throat infection also causes lymph node enlargement, which ...  Read Full »

Why do I have a constant feeling of hair in throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from a bad health anxiety. For the past few months, I feel like there is a hair at the back of my throat and it gets worse at night. My ear also pains and I can feel three pea-sized lumps on the right side of my neck. I got cold twice a couple of months back and I am taking Om...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can tell you the following. You have pharyngitis, and your tonsils are inflamed. The foreign body sensation in the throat is due to a post-nasal drip. Do you have any nasal congestion?...  Read Full »