Q. I have a soft and non-painful lump on the right side of my throat. Please help.

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 11, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I'm 23years old, Lump in right side of my throat. Lump is soft and not painful. But sometimes having a right side neck and ear pain. Also feeling of small hard stones in throat. Please help I am tensed if its a cancer. . I don't smoke. . It all started with acid reflux when I was pregnant.i have burn in my throat at times and pain in my chest and back. I took medication (cimitidine and erythromycin) it went down a little bit but still there. But a lot of abnormal burbling. Please help..

#

Hi Welcome to icliniq

Ma’am as per your symptoms and description it’s looking like you have tonsillitis. Because it’s for long so can call it chronic tonsillitis.its caused by bacterial infection and if it stays for long sometimes there is formation of tiny whitish stones. And due to that patient feel like something is stucked there not coming out even after trying hard. For its treatment mainly antibiotics are given and multivitamin to heal faster.

Ma’am is it possible to get a picture of it ?

Because to set dosage i have to see the severity of infection. Sometimes if medicine doesn’t help it can be removed by minor incision. I am suspecting it tonsillitis and don’t worry it can be treated easily. Please send a picture of it so i can prescribe you medicine. And same thing for acid reflux if cimitidine is not helpful then we can replace with tab pantop 40 mg twice a day before meal for 3 days . And you will see improvement. Is there any difficulty in passing stool ? Are you able to pass it easily? Do you feel like constipation? Please let me know.

And don’t forget to send a picture or oral lump. Please answer

Bacterial infection

Culture and sensitivity

Pharyngitis

Chronic tonsillitis

Antibiotics, multivitamin, nsaids

Drink lukewarm water and tea or coffee 4-5 times a day

| 

Can tonsil stones cause an altered sense of smell?

Query: Hello doctor, I currently have tonsil stones that do not occur every day but at a rate of three to four a week. Also, I notice it does not take much for me to get hoarse and my voice cracks for no reason when talking. I have also noticed that my sense of smell is off.  Read Full »

Suffering from acid reflux and bloating for the third time in a year. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have had severe acid reflux and stomach bloating three times in the past 12 months. It started suddenly each time. There is no prior symptom. This is the third time and it has been going on for a month. During the first time, I treated myself with antacids (Calc...  Read Full »

Why do I have flesh-colored bumps in my throat?

Query: Hello doctor,I have these painless slightly raised pinkish flesh colored bumps in my throat. I do not know if it is normal or something. Is there any need to worry? Currently, I am taking Minocycline, Levothyroxine, and Sprintec 28.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»