Q. I have a soft and non-painful lump on the right side of my throat. Please help.

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 11, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 08, 2021

I am 23 years old. I have a lump on the right side of my throat. The lump seems to be soft without pain. But sometimes, I have pain on the right side of the neck with ear pain. I have a feeling of having small hard stones on the throat. Please help me. Is it cancer? I do not smoke. It got started after having acid reflux during pregnancy. I have a burning sensation in my throat and pain in my chest and back. I am taking Cimetidine and Erythromycin. It went down a little bit but it is still there. I have a lot of abnormal burbling. Please help.

#

As per your symptoms and description, it looks like tonsillitis. When it is present for a long time, it is referred to as chronic tonsillitis. It is caused by a bacterial infection and when it stays for a long time, there is the formation of tiny whitish stones. Due to that, patients feel like something is stuck in the throat and it does not come out even after trying hard. It is treated by giving antibiotics and multivitamin is taken to heal it.

Please send a picture of it. It helps to know the severity of the infection. If the medicine does not help you, then it can be removed by doing a minor incision. I suspect it as tonsillitis and do not be worried. It can be treated easily. Please send a picture to prescribe you medicines. For acid reflux, if Cimetidine does not help you, then we can replace it with tablet Pantop 40 mg twice a day before taking a meal for three days. You will see the improvement. Please mention whether you have difficulty while passing stools. Please mention whether you are able to pass it easily. Please mention whether you have constipation.

You have a bacterial infection.

You need to do culture and sensitivity.

You seem to have tonsillitis.

You have chronic tonsillitis.

You can treat the condition by taking antibiotics, multivitamins, and NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).

You need to drink lukewarm water and tea or coffee four to five times a day.

|