Q. Which medicine can be used to quit smoking?

Dr. Parth Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Mar 09, 2019

I want to leave cigarette smoking. So, please help me and give a solution. Is there any ayurvedic medicine available then please tell me.

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

There is no short cut to quit smoking. There are two methods you can try. The natural method. You decrease the number of cigarettes by 20 % each week till you reach to a point where you smoke only 4 to 5 cigarettes per day. Then reduce it by one each week.

the other method is to substitute cigarettes with Nicotine chewing gums. These chewing gums are to be cheeked in the mouth like Khaini or Zarda. Along with it, start taking tablet Bupron XL 150. It will help in reducing the withdrawal effects of Nicotine.

How does Nicotex chewing gum help quit smoking?

Query: Hello doctor, How does Nicotex chewing gum help in quitting smoking?  Read Full »

Why are WBC and neutrophils chronically high even if no infection is present?

Query: Hello doctor,Chronically high WBC 15 and neutrophils above 10 recent CRP 8.8. No infection can be found but was treated with two rounds of antibiotics Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin. Repeated CBC and numbers were higher. My doctor said maybe this was going to be my normal. Is this possible? Since th...  Read Full »

Do you have any thoughts on promising drugs for dry AMD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 63 years old. I was diagnosed with dry intermediate AMD about five years back. The VA then was 20/25 and now it is 20/60. I am currently on AREDS. I am a non-smoker. I have an excellent health otherwise. The Amsler is normal. The recent OCT showed no fluid. Do you have any thoug...  Read Full »

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now