Clomid

Why are eggs not maturing in my ovaries?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for over a year now, but unsuccessful. I went to a gynecologist and he told me that I have no eggs maturing in my ovary and was given Clomid 50 mg. My eggs did not mature and it only grows up to 10 mm. He asked me to come again to try IUI treatments. He mentioned t...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to do blood tests such as fasting sugar, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), prolactin and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone and ultrasound of pelvis to see the cause for the immaturity of eggs. Depending on the reports, treatment is advise...  Read Full »

Why am I not getting pregnant after my first miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old female. I am married for about 11 months. My weight is 77 kg and height is 5.4". I conceived in the very first month, but unfortunately, I had a miscarriage after 10 weeks and had D and C. Till then I am trying to get pregnant but having a problem in it. My gynecologi...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All of your test reports are normal. You are trying for pregnancy just from last seven to eight months. Kindly give yourself some time and you can get pregnant naturally. As your periods are regular, in my opinion, you do not need ovulation induction medicines like Clom...  Read Full »

Will Clomid help to regulate ovulation and menstrual cycle?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been trying for a baby for the past two years. I have irregular periods and unpredictable ovulation. I have been to multiple doctors about this problem and I have been told my reproductive system looks normal and I only ovulate if I reach my 21st day in my cycle which is very r...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, at 18 years of age, you are contemplating pregnancy, that is actually unfair to your own body. A woman's reproductive system matures completely by 20 years of age. You do not need to use Clomid or any ovulation inducing drug simply because your follicl...  Read Full »

I have PCOS and trying to conceive. What should I anticipate for treatment in the future?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. I have been trying to conceive for eight months from now. I have monthly periods and positive OPKs and BBT shifts, but periods are also very light, basically spotting. I had an Ultrasound which showed a few cysts, had mildly elevated testosterone, normal LH and FSH,...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fact that you are getting positive OPKs each cycle indicates that you have an anovulatory cycle or in simple terms that you are ovulating regularly. PCOD (polycystic ovarian syndrome) cannot be diagnosed alone with just small cysts in ovaries, rather one should h...  Read Full »

I had no periods for the past five years, after giving birth. Is this hypothalamic amenorrhea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. I had no periods for the past five years, after giving birth. I suspect hypothalamic amenorrhea. I had one round of Clomid during my ovulation period, but I had no pregnancy. During the last few months, I stopped my exercise, and so I gained weight. Can I try natura...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Just by using Clomid (Clomifene) or Letrozole, you may not have your periods. Did you have any significant bleeding post delivery? Your weight looks fine. No periods for five years is too long, and present hormone levels will be unknown. I suggest you have any of the...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get pregnant with an endometrial thickness of 5 mm?

Query: Hi doctor, I had irregular periods. All my other test reports are normal such as LH, FSH, AMH, thyroid and FBS. I had done pelvis transvaginal sonography three days back, but last period date was 28 days back. My report summary is as follows. Pelvis shows an anteverted, uterus with central endometri...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your endometrial thickness of 5 mm is very less to support pregnancy. With Progesterone supplements, it is possible to maintain pregnancy. However, it can be slightly difficult to conceive. I suggest you to go for ovulation induction, as it will help. Als...  Read Full »

I am in my 30s and I have PCOS and a high prolactin level. Can I get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female. I have PCOS, high prolactin level, my TSH is 4.26 for which I am taking medicine and for prolactin and my AMH is 17. I got pregnant with twins when I was taking 100 mg of Clomid but there was no heartbeat by week 10. I had a few miscarriages two years ago a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not see any reason for you to worry or panic. I feel you will not only conceive but also have a healthy baby soon. Let me explain it why I feel so one by one. Nowadays, ladies think of having a baby after the age of 30s. Of course, the age above 35 years is ...  Read Full »

Other than HSG, how to evaluate my fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have attached my reports. I have a very regular cycle of 28days. I also use OPK. My reports have been standard. I was prescribed Siphene 50 mg though I ovulate on my own and am on the sixth cycle now. I also used to take Duphaston 50 mg twice for 10 days. Now, I am i...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports are normal and your husband's semen is also normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have mentioned that the ultrasound scan is normal. But, I cannot see any report regarding blood sugar and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone). Also, there ...  Read Full »

Is TRT the right treatment for low libido and poor quality erections?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 47 today. I went to my primary doctor three years ago with low libido and poor quality erections. Blood work came back as total testosterone 381 and A1c 6.9. Started exercising and lost weight and inches, 198 lbs to 178, 38-inch waist to 32. Symptoms still persisted. The doctor s...  Read Full »

Dr. Bindiya Thakkar

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have a couple of questions for you: Any history of infertility? Any depression? Any sleep apnea? Testosterone resistance is a phenomenon that occurs due to a genetic defect and would have caused problems with puberty and would not appear now in adulthood. C...  Read Full »

We have been trying to conceive for 10 months and not successful. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I got a semen analysis done and the results are 2.5 ml volume, 57 million per ml (142.5 million total), 47 % total motility, 8 % morphology (Kruger/Strict), 93% viability, pH, viscosity, and liquefication all normal. What do you think of these results? My wife and I have been trying t...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know a few more details to answer your query better. Do you have the entire report, if not, then at least the detailed report on motility? Has your wife been evaluated by a gynecologist? What is your line of work, is it sedentary, does it involve a ...  Read Full »