Common "Clomid" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Clomid is otherwise known as Clomiphene citrate. It is a medicine taken orally, and it is used to treat infertility problems in females. Clomid stimulates the pituitary gland to produce an increased amount of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) to initiate ovulation. Clomid can be used in women having problems getting pregnant due to polycystic ovarian disease (PCOS).

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have PCOS and I am trying to conceive. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. I have been trying to conceive for eight months from now. I have monthly periods and positive OPKs and BBT shifts, but periods are also very light, basically spotting. I had an Ultrasound which showed a few cysts, had mildly elevated testosterone, normal LH and FSH,...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The fact that you are getting positive OPKs each cycle indicates that you have an anovulatory cycle or in simple terms that you are ovulating regularly. PCOD (polycystic ovarian syndrome) cannot be diagnosed alone with just small cysts in ovaries, rather one should h...  Read Full »

I have a negative serum beta hCG level. Am I still pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old dental surgeon with no past or present health issues, and I am trying to conceive. I have a regular cycle of 28 days, and I have consulted a gynecologist before who has put me on Clomid for three months. I have also taken all the required fertility tests, which show ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As your serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) result is also negative, it definitely indicates you have not got pregnant in this cycle. The symptoms you have mentioned could also be possible because of the progesterone hormone secretion in the postovulatory p...  Read Full »

My wife and I are unsuccessful in conceiving. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a semen analysis done and the results are 2.5 ml volume, 57 million per ml (142.5 million total), 47 % total motility, 8 % morphology (Kruger or Strict), 93% viability, pH, viscosity, and liquefication all are normal. What do you think of these results? My wife and I have been tr...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I would like to know a few more details to answer your query better. Do you have the entire report, if not, then at least the detailed report on motility? Has your wife been evaluated by a gynecologist? What is your line of work, is it sedentary, does it involve a lot of ...  Read Full »

Should I raise the dosage of Clomid 50 mg to 100 mg to get pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old female. My husband and I have been trying for the last six months for a baby. But I discovered that I had PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and diabetes three months back. Now diabetes is under control as I am taking Metformin 500 mg twice a day. I am walking and exerc...  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. Yes, Clomid (Clomiphene) can help in ovulation. It induces the growth of one ovum, which usually does not occur in PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). But this ovulation has to be followed up with either follicular study (scan to see w...  Read Full »

Why am I not getting periods after giving birth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. I had no periods for the past five years, after giving birth. I suspect hypothalamic amenorrhea. I had one round of Clomid during my ovulation period, but I had no pregnancy. During the last few months, I stopped my exercise, and so I gained weight. Can I try natura...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Just by using Clomid (Clomifene) or Letrozole, you may not have your periods. Did you have any significant bleeding post delivery? Your weight looks fine. No periods for five years is too long, and present hormone levels will be unknown. I suggest you have any of the...  Read Full »

With high prolactin levels, is pregnancy possible?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female. I have PCOS, high prolactin level, my TSH is 4.26 for which I am taking medicine and for prolactin and my AMH is 17. I got pregnant with twins when I was taking 100 mg of Clomid but there was no heartbeat by week 10. I had a few miscarriages two years ago a...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I do not see any reason for you to worry or panic. I feel you will not only conceive but also have a healthy baby soon. Let me explain it why I feel so one by one. Nowadays, ladies think of having a baby after the age of 30s. Of course, the age above 35 years is co...  Read Full »

Why am I not getting pregnant after my first miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old female. I am married for about 11 months. My weight is 169 lbs and height is 5.4". I conceived in the very first month, but unfortunately, I had a miscarriage after 10 weeks and had D and C, since then I am trying to get pregnant but having a problem in it. My gynecolog...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to All of your test reports are normal. You are trying for pregnancy just from last seven to eight months. Kindly give yourself some time and you can get pregnant naturally. As your periods are regular, in my opinion, you do not need ovulation induction medicines like Clom...  Read Full »

I am taking the last Clomid cycle. Will I conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have attached my reports. I have a very regular cycle of 28days. I also use OPK. My reports have been standard. I was prescribed Siphene 50 mg though I ovulate on my own and am on the sixth cycle now. I also used to take Duphaston 50 mg twice for 10 days. Now, I am i...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your reports are normal and your husband's semen is also normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have mentioned that the ultrasound scan is normal. But, I cannot see any report regarding blood sugar and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone). Also, there ...  Read Full »

Will Clomid and Nolvadex help a woman to conceive with PCOS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from irregular periods and PCOS for more than 10 years. I had to take Clomid and with hCG injection conceived my first baby three years back. Now I have been trying for my second baby with the help of Clomid. I took Clomid for six months, with no luck. This month my doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Nolvadex is Tamoxifen which is a selective estrogen receptor modulator. Yes, it is one of the most common drugs that is used for treating breast cancer patients and also certain birth defects are possible if you take this medication when you pregnant. In your case, ...  Read Full »

How can I get pregnant with 5 mm endometrium?

Query: Hi doctor, I had irregular periods. All my other test reports are normal such as LH, FSH, AMH, thyroid and FBS. I had done pelvis transvaginal sonography three days back, but last period date was 28 days back. My report summary is as follows. Pelvis shows an anteverted, uterus with central endometri...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your endometrial thickness of 5 mm is very less to support pregnancy. With Progesterone supplements, it is possible to maintain pregnancy. However, it can be slightly difficult to conceive. I suggest you to go for ovulation induction, as it will help. Also, I would li...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.