Q. I ovulate on 21st day. Will Clomid help me to get pregnant?

I have been trying for a baby for the past two years. I have irregular periods and unpredictable ovulation. I have been to multiple doctors about this problem and I have been told my reproductive system looks normal and I only ovulate if I reach my 21st day in my cycle which is very rare. However, they refuse to help me as I am 18 years old and I am not a high priority. I have been looking into fertility medication and was wondering what would be the risks if I treated myself with Clomid? I know this would be frowned upon by general doctors but it has started to effect my relationship and I am starting to give up on having my own family. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#

First of all, at 18 years of age, you are contemplating pregnancy, that is actually unfair to your own body. A woman's reproductive system matures completely by 20 years of age. You do not need to use Clomid or any ovulation inducing drug simply because your follicle are ovulating, yes, but on the day 21, so what. That makes your cycle slightly longer say 45 days. But this may is normal for you. Do not compare your cycles with others.Doctors are skeptical helping you with infertility drugs simply because you are just 18 years old and you may harm yourself more rather than benefit from it by using drugs.

I suggest one simple method. Maintain a menstrual calendar for three months, use the Ova -kit (home based test) to time your ovulation during cycles and then practice timed intercourse for the next seven days of ovulation. Your chances of getting pregnant would be higher then. I am sure you shall succeed with this technique. But please do not contemplate infertility treatment presently.

|