Q. Why am I not getting pregnant even after taking Clomid and Letrozole treatment?

Dr. Jimesh H. Mavani

I am 31 years old. I am trying to conceive for two years and did four Comid cycles, ovulation happened but no conception. Then did Letrozole cycle, and got pregnant. But was later diagnosed with molar pregnancy and had D and C. Then took a break for six months, again did two Clomid cycles ovulation happened but no conception.

Now did Letrozole cycle but no conception. I do not understand what is the reason for no pregnancy. My husband did his semen analysis it is 42% normal. My hormones tests for FSH, prolactin was normal, and pelvic ultrasounds are normal. Could you please guide me regarding this? I am really upset.

#

As you have taken many treatments but pregnancy is not happening. Actually I need to see all the investigations before coming to a conclusion. But with your history, I can say that you can do hysterosalpingography, to see the tubes are good or not.

If not satisfactory then you may require a laparoscopic-hysteroscopic examination to see the tubal cyst and endometrial lining. There is a history of molar pregnancy, so need to do some more test also.

Pregnancy is not a simple process. You can consult infertologist with all the previous reports and can continue the treatment. Many times it takes more time. Because it is very complicated. And the chance of pregnancy is only once in one cycle. Patience and a positive attitude towards treatment are also as important as the treatment itself.

|