Q. Why am I having pain in coccyx area after cycling?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I have taken up cycling as a form of exercise but now find that I have bad pain in my coccyx area when trying to stand after sitting. As I work in an office and sit for long periods, this is causing me severe discomfort. This has now been going on for three weeks. Week one of cycling, I only did 30 minutes for three days a week. Week two I did 10 minutes for two days. And week three (last week) I only did one day 30 minutes and then I have not done any since hoping the pain would ease but it does not seem to be.

#

Coccydynia is what you seem to be getting and not uncommon if the bicycle seats are not comfortable. Try adding a gel cover over the top of the seat. You may try sitz bath and a cutout seat for your office chair. Take Co-codamol for pain.

For more information consult a fitness expert online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fitness-expert

|