Q. Why are my hands and feet cold and sweaty always?

Dr. Hitesh Kumar
Published on Sep 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 26, 2019

I am a 30 year old male, who weighs 200 lbs and 6 feet tall. I have been looking for my symptoms after watching a TV show. I know some things are not right with me, and I have been curious to find the cause. It could be one or more problems. Here is what is going on. I have cold hand and feet, sweaty hands and feet, many bumps in the arms, mainly right arm, sand paper hair since a young age, and my feet get numb and eventually very painful when walking. I have severe vitamin D deficiency, and my eyelids are always half closed. I have low metabolism, and I experience a lot of teeth problems. I might have osteoporosis. What is causing all this? Is it tumors or parasites or a neurological problem?

#

Cold and sweaty hands and feet can happen in heart failure, anxiety, hyperthyroidism and shock.

Numb feet, which are painful while walking can be due to neuropathy, nerve root compression at lumbosacral spine, or arterial occlusion in legs.

The half closed eyelids can be ptosis, or something else.

I suggest you get the following tests done:

1. Thyroid profile.
  2. ECG (electrocardiogram).
  3. Serum vitamin B12.
  4. NCV (nerve conduction velocity) of all four limbs.
  5. Repetitive nerve stimulation test.

Since when you are having these problems? Do you have any impending doom, palpitation, breathlessness? I suggest you meet a neurologist in-person for proper clinical examination and better judgment.

Revert with more information to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

I fell sick on a trip abroad. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor,I am currently abroad on a trip. Suddenly, I got cold sweats, headaches, and phlegmy coughs. I then puked and got mostly better. I just saw blood in my stool, but I feel fine now. What to do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and understood your concerns. Probably, you are suffering from gastroenteritis. That has caused the vomiting and the bloody stools. It is mostly due to a protozoal infection. So, I suggest you take Flagyl two tablets three times daily ...  Read Full

Does radio iodine ablation treatment for hyperthyroidism cause cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My father had hyperthyroidism six years ago and he underwent radioiodine ablation and now taking thyroxine 100 mg tablet. Now, I want to know whether this treatment causes cancer? Whether it completely destroys the gland or little bit of hormone is secreted or not? Is there any possib...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your father. Let me answer each one of your questions one by one. Now, I want to know whether this treatment causes cancer? No. Whether it completely destroys the gland or little bit of hormone is secreted or not? Yes, it compl...  Read Full