Q. Why do I feel fatigue, sleepy and high sensitivity to cold?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 25, 2019

I am 27 years old. I am suffering from a poor quality of sleep. My body feels heavy as it resists movement and I am slothful. My sensitivity to cold is very high as I avoid bath sometimes. During daytime, fatigue and sleepiness follow me and later in the evening I feel too tired that I want to sleep but cannot sleep because if I go early to bed, then I used to get up frequently in the night. So, overall I cannot have a peaceful sleep. My concentration and attention level have dropped significantly. Please advise.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query.

• All the symptoms that you have mentioned are indicating that you might have been suffering from hypothyroidism. Sensitivity to cold, poor sleep, fatigue, poor concentration can be symptoms of hypothyroidism.
  • Hypothyroidism can be known by a simple blood test called thyroid function test. You can go to a nearby reputed laboratory and ask for this test. The test result will be out in three to five days.
  • I can suggest you proper medication only after knowing that whether you have hypothyroidism or not. If you have it, then you need to start medication for thyroid and most of your symptoms will soon disappear after taking medication.
  • But if you do not have a thyroid problem, then the treatment is different. So, I suggest you perform the thyroid function test and start the medication after it.
  • Sometimes,t fatigue, sensitivity to cold, etc., might be due to low hemoglobin too. Also, check your Hb (hemoglobin) and if it is below 9, then also perform peripheral blood film test. Revert to me after performing all these blood tests.
  • Till then, I suggest you hematinic syrup Manoll syrup two spoons along with water for two weeks. Do perform your blood test as soon as possible and only then proper medication can be suggested.

Hormonal imbalance or lack of proper diet for low Hb, etc.

Thyroid function test, hemoglobin and peripheral blood film.

Revert back after two weeks to an ayurveda specialist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Does thyroid problem delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried female. Before six months, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have been taking Thyronorm 100 mcg. Recently, I had TSH test and the level was 0.47 U/mL, which is considered as hyperthyroid. When my doctor asked me the previous dosage, by mistake I told her...  Read Full »

Can thyroid problem cause excessive hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, I have thyroid issues for the past three years. I got this when I was pregnant. I am taking Thyronorm 75 mcg tablet for the last three months. Recently, I have done the thyroid test and my T3 and T4 are normal and TSH is very low. It shows less than 0.01. What does it indicate? First, I w...  Read Full »

I noticed white strings in my stool. I hope it is not parasites. Please help.

Query: Hi, I am a 34 year old female. I noticed what looks like white strings in my stool. I am also having symptoms like abdominal cramps and pain, severe fatigue, memory issues, dizziness, and sometimes constipation. I am hoping it is not parasites. Please help.  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now