Q. How to get rid of painless cold sores on the roof of my mouth?

Dr. Rakshana Devi

I have had cold sores on the roof of my mouth for the past two weeks, and they are not painful.

Kindly help.

#

I saw the pictures attached (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

Mouth sores are common nowadays, mainly due to the food and nutrition we take, and certain medications can also cause mouth sores. Usually, there is no treatment for mouth sores, and we can wait for one week.

If it did not subside even after one week, follow up with the answers for the following;

1) Any relevant medical history?

2) Do you have any other symptoms?

For temporary relief, kindly do the following;

1) Gargle with warm water and salt.

2) Do ice massage for a few seconds on the lesion.

3) Do not touch the sore with the fingers or tongue.

4) Avoid hot and spicy food.

5) Stay happy without stress.

6) Apply coconut oil on the sore once a day for two days.

Take care.

Follow up after one week.

Thanks for the reply.

It has been there for about two weeks. The pain and the redness have subsided. I worry a lot because I have health anxiety and have been researching what it might be, and all I can find is oral cancer which frightens me. Does it look like that to you? Or just an ulcer from a trauma?

Thanks.

#

There are only fewer possibilities for having cancer. Cancer is an additional tissue growing, and it does not look like a swelling. In the case of cancer, you will have other symptoms. As the symptoms are subsiding, you need not worry.

I suggest you use topical steroid gel if the symptoms persist.

Take care.

follow up after three days.

|