Q. I have 'cold water droplets' sensation all over my body. What could be the cause?

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
Published on Nov 15, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

Hello doctor,

I have been getting a cold drop of water sensation all over my body. It is more noticeable on the legs. I often go to clean the water, but there is nothing there. It only gets triggered when clothes touch it. I also have muscle twitching all over the body and a muscle tension on my right arm. I also noticed I am losing hair from my left eyebrow. I have no weakness, tiredness or loss of balance. No diseases run in my family, not even diabetes or cancer. I am a hypochondriac, and I was panicking for almost two weeks just because I noticed my finger was a little crooked and it was just normal. But now, I have developed real symptoms. Can anxiety cause such real symptoms? I am really scared.

#

I appreciate you seeking help.

• Well, it is apparently a neurological problem that is most likely stemming out of an improper diet and lifestyle issues. I would recommend the following:
  1. Eat a healthy, balanced and anti-inflammatory diet, preferably Mediterranean cuisine, including a lot of leafy greens, fresh fruits, whole grains, nuts, etc., on a daily basis.
  2. Any kind of greasy, hot, spicy, fatty, fried foods, red meat, sweets, white flour, alcohol, caffeinated beverages, soft drinks, packaged juices, tea, coffee (prepared with milk), deep fried flesh foods, processed foodstuff, dairy products including chocolates, smoking, etc. are to be avoided.
  3. Stay well-hydrated. Drink a minimum of eight to 10 glasses of clean and filtered water daily.
  4. Do regular exercises (aerobic) like brisk-paced walking for 30 to 45 minutes daily morning, at least five times a week.
  5. Destress or relax daily. Practise 'Savasana' (corpse pose) for 10 to 15 minutes twice daily (once before sleeping at night and once soon after waking up early in the morning). It is important that you have an adequate and restful sleep at night too. 
  6. Stay focused, socially active, imagine and visualize positive and pleasant outcomes. Try being in the present and enjoy every moment of life irrespective of the situation.
  7. Add a suitable multivitamin or multimineral nutritional supplement to your daily diet. You can consult a doctor locally who can prescribe one suitably.
  8. Also, I suggest you consult a neurologist too in person, so that he/she can assess you clinically, and recommend the needful.

Hope this helps. Do take care, and all the very best.

For more information consult a naturopathy specialist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/naturopathy-specialist

Preventing Constipation Naturally

Article Overview: Constipation is often caused owing to a faulty diet, irregular lifestyle and also mental stress that is best avoided or prevented naturally. Read Article

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
General Medicine Physician

Follow these steps and stay away from constipation: Eat a simple and natural plant based diet consisting mostly of whole grain cereals, leafy greens and fresh fruits/ dry fruits including mango, grapes, papaya, tomato, cucumber, pears, guava, gooseberry, fig, apple, raisins, etc. At the same time...  Read Article

What are the possible reasons for head reeling?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 98 years old. Of late, she is complaining of head reeling often. She does not have high blood pressure or diabetes and her haemoglobin is normal. She has roti in the morning, rice and dal for lunch and roti for dinner. Her bowel movements are normal. What may be the ...  Read Full »

How does yoga help senior citizens?

Query: Hi doctor, What are the health benefits and trends for yoga for senior citizens? Are there studios that have classes or professionals that cater to this demographic? Why choose yoga over other forms of fitness and stretching?  Read Full »

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now