Q. How can I manage cold and cough?

Dr. Rashi Verma
Published on Jan 10, 2019

I am feeling too cold, and a cough is there. I am 27 years old, 169 cm height, blood group A+, and weight 61 kg.

Dr. Rashi Verma

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have read your query. It looks like you have a common cold. Please do saline water gargles several times a day to give you relief from the cough. Drink warm beverages. Keep yourself hydrated by taking plenty of fluids. You can also do steam inhalation to get relief. Take one tablespoon of Benadryl cough syrup once a day preferably before going to bed as it causes sleepiness. If there is a cough during the day, you can take one tablespoon in the day too.

Please check for the fever with a thermometer. Fever is body temperature above 100.4° F. If you have a fever, please take tablet Paracetamol (500 mg) whenever you have a fever. The gap between two doses of Paracetamol should be 6 hours. If the symptoms do not subside, you need to consult a local doctor who will prescribe you antibiotics.

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Rajesh Babu
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shivering may be because of a highfever, or because of urine infection or malaria. As of now use the below medication. Syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol) 5 ml/240 mg, 4 ml if fever greater than 100 F every sixth hourly. Sponging with lukewarm water until the fever decreases ...  Read Full

I used cocaine and now I have cough and phlegm with itchiness in throat. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I used cocaine for six months but for four months, I have coughs and phlegm especially in the morning. I never had throat pain. It just feels itchy. I saw a doctor who gave me allergy spray with Cortizon but I took it for just one month. I keep drinking alcohol and cold drinks which makes ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you have attached shows slightly enlarged tonsils with granular pharyngitis. There is nothing to worry. Your symptoms are due to chronic irritation of your throat which could be due to rhinosinusitis o...  Read Full

My cough lasted only for a week and the doctor says it is tuberculosis.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, There is parenchymal infiltrate on the right upper lobe of my lung. My doctor said that I have a ptb3, which looks like a serious stage of tuberculosis. I was shocked because I never had a cough since September. Before the month of September, my cough lasted only for a week and then su...  Read Full >>

Dr. Indu Bhushan Kumar
Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Only parenchymal infiltration in the right upper lobe does not confirm tuberculosis. It needs clinical correlation and further investigations. You need an apicolordotic view of chest x-ray. It gives an excellent view of apical region of lungs. Because, in the normal che...  Read Full